Bad Obsession

Plank

Tonight I have been watching the Shoutbox for around two hours.

And in that two hours the sole topic of conversation has been Kami,her boyfriend,Kristy and very briefly others connected with Kami & Kristy.
This has included folks doing research into those peoples personal lives,doing detective work just short of buying a deer-stalker hat,smoking a pipe & getting a bloodhound!
So that started me thinking,which is never a good thing!

Question, when does an interest in this site or a particular girl or couple go beyond a healthy interest/pastime, and slip into being unhealthy?

Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) is a mental health condition where a person has obsessive thoughts and compulsive activity.OCD symptoms can range from mild to severe. Some people with OCD may spend an hour or so a day engaged in obsessive-compulsive thinking and behaviour, but for others the condition can completely take over their life.

NHS UK Website.

Ok, so that is probably not the correct terminology,OCD is a serious mental health issue,not to be taken lightly. There are far too many people these days that fire off glib comments like,"oh I'm so OCD", when they are not,

they just like a tidy house. Or "I'm a bit manic today",no you're not,you probably had too much coffee!

So I thought about it some more,because I had nothing better to do.

Fixation was probably getting closer to it all,it certainly fits from a psychological perspective,but who the hell wants to read through a load of psychological theory,unless you have to!

Then it hit me,Eureka ! RealLifeCam FAN.

Fan = abbreviation of Fanatic, bingo!

Fanaticism!
And thanks to the font of all knowledge, ;D Wiki, we have this> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fanaticism

Fanaticism is a belief or behavior involving uncritical zeal or with an obsessive enthusiasm.
Philosopher George Santayana defines fanaticism as;

"redoubling your effort when you have forgotten your aim".
Santayana, George (1905). Life of Reason: Reason in Common Sense. (New York: Charles Scribner's Sons) 13

The fanatic displays very strict standards and little tolerance for contrary ideas or opinions.
In his book Crazy Talk, Stupid Talk, Neil Postman states that;
"the key to all fanatical beliefs is that they are self-confirming....(some beliefs are) fanatical not because they are 'false', but because they are expressed in such a way that they can never be shown to be false."
Postman, Neil (1976). "Fanaticism". Crazy Talk, Stupid Talk. pp. 104–112. ISBN 0-440-01554-5.

The behavior of a fan with overwhelming enthusiasm for a given subject is differentiated from the behavior of a fanatic by the fanatic's violation of prevailing social norms.
Though the fan's behavior may be judged as odd or eccentric, it does not violate such norms.
Thorne, Scott; Bruner, Gordon C. (2006). "An exploratory investigation of the characteristics of consumer fanaticism". Qualitative Market Research: An International Journal 9 (1): 51–72. doi:10.1108/13522750610640558. ISSN 1352-2752.

A fanatic differs from a crank, in that a crank is defined as a person who holds a position or opinion which is so far from the norm as to appear ludicrous and/or probably wrong, such as a belief in a Flat Earth.
In contrast, the subject of the fanatic's obsession may be "normal", such as an interest in religion or politics, except that the scale of the person's involvement, devotion, or obsession with the activity or cause is abnormal or disproportionate to the average.

Some food for thought there then...............and here's Debbie with the weather & traffic news.

Plank, I couldn't have said it better myself - wait I have kind of said that in the Shoutbox and been ridiculed and (thankfully) blocked lol.  Lets face it, there are some here that are one plane ticket away from being a fully fledged stalker.  I can actually imagine them sitting on their computer hour after hour, the walls covered with pictures of their affection, watching and documenting every move one of the tenants takes.  And then extrapolating those images into some full blown fantasy.  They are also the ones most vocal in putting down any other tenant, look at some of the comments about Ilona, you would think she is the illegitimate child of Satan the way some described her. 

Thankfully the Admins and Mods have taken steps to nullify the obsession by not allowing posts in the forums about the outside or real life of a tenant.  Unfortunately, all that means is some now park themselves in the Shoutbox eager to tell all about their latest discovery.  I am fully surprised some having started posting school class photos of some of the girls, their research has been that extensive.

So I think they do the searching (or just make up stories) so they can feel important and all knowledgeable in the ShoutBox.  Hey they are the ones that found out 'x' girl is really running a prostitute ring in the girls apartment, or 'x' is getting married, or 'x' is really a highly rated fashion model (who never leaves the apartment, but that is a whole different story lol).

All we can do is well laugh at them for their foolishness.  They get that caught up in the fantasy they have created for the girl (like she is really a virgin etc) than when something does happen, like Kami's boyfriend turning up, hearts are ripped apart as their dreams dissolve,

I couldn't agree more, Plank and Mooka. 

And what's up with the whining about people hiding and empty appartments? I mean, they're not fucking prisoners. At least some of the tenants on RLC are normal people with jobs and friends, and other activities that actually take a lot of time. I would be more worried if they actually spent all their time inside, rubbing their cocks and pussies all day long. That would not be healthy at all.

I couldn't agree more, Plank and Mooka. 

And what's up with the whining about people hiding and empty appartments? I mean, they're not fucking prisoners. At least some of the tenants on RLC are normal people with jobs and friends, and other activities that actually take a lot of time. I would be more worried if they actually spent all their time inside, rubbing their cocks and pussies all day long. That would not be healthy at all.

That's how I pay my bills.... lol

Tonight I have been watching the Shoutbox for around two hours.

And in that two hours the sole topic of conversation has been Kami,her boyfriend,Kristy and very briefly others connected with Kami & Kristy.

This has included folks doing research into those peoples personal lives,doing detective work just short of buying a deer-stalker hat,smoking a pipe & getting a bloodhound!

So that started me thinking,which is never a good thing!

Question, when does an interest in this site or a particular girl or couple go beyond a healthy interest/pastime, and slip into being unhealthy?

Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) is a mental health condition where a person has obsessive thoughts and compulsive activity.OCD symptoms can range from mild to severe. Some people with OCD may spend an hour or so a day engaged in obsessive-compulsive thinking and behaviour, but for others the condition can completely take over their life.

NHS UK Website.

Ok, so that is probably not the correct terminology,OCD is a serious mental health issue,not to be taken lightly. There are far too many people these days that fire off glib comments like,"oh I'm so OCD", when they are not,

they just like a tidy house. Or "I'm a bit manic today",no you're not,you probably had too much coffee!

So I thought about it some more,because I had nothing better to do.

Fixation was probably getting closer to it all,it certainly fits from a psychological perspective,but who the hell wants to read through a load of psychological theory,unless you have to!

Then it hit me,Eureka ! RealLifeCam FAN.

Fan = abbreviation of Fanatic, bingo!

Fanaticism!

And thanks to the font of all knowledge, ;D Wiki, we have this>

Fanaticism is a belief or behavior involving uncritical zeal or with an obsessive enthusiasm.

Philosopher George Santayana defines fanaticism as;

"redoubling your effort when you have forgotten your aim".

Santayana, George (1905). Life of Reason: Reason in Common Sense. (New York: Charles Scribner's Sons) 13

The fanatic displays very strict standards and little tolerance for contrary ideas or opinions.

In his book Crazy Talk, Stupid Talk, Neil Postman states that;

"the key to all fanatical beliefs is that they are self-confirming....(some beliefs are) fanatical not because they are 'false', but because they are expressed in such a way that they can never be shown to be false."

Postman, Neil (1976). "Fanaticism". Crazy Talk, Stupid Talk. pp. 104–112. ISBN 0-440-01554-5.

The behavior of a fan with overwhelming enthusiasm for a given subject is differentiated from the behavior of a fanatic by the fanatic's violation of prevailing social norms.

Though the fan's behavior may be judged as odd or eccentric, it does not violate such norms.

Thorne, Scott; Bruner, Gordon C. (2006). "An exploratory investigation of the characteristics of consumer fanaticism". Qualitative Market Research: An International Journal 9 (1): 51–72. doi:10.1108/13522750610640558. ISSN 1352-2752.

A fanatic differs from a crank, in that a crank is defined as a person who holds a position or opinion which is so far from the norm as to appear ludicrous and/or probably wrong, such as a belief in a Flat Earth.

In contrast, the subject of the fanatic's obsession may be "normal", such as an interest in religion or politics, except that the scale of the person's involvement, devotion, or obsession with the activity or cause is abnormal or disproportionate to the average.

Some food for thought there then...............and here's Debbie with the weather & traffic news.

You've done will me old son.  Spot on.

I would only add that this should also include the diatribes and invective aimed at Ilona when she was there.  People kept saying they hayed her, but she seemed to be to main topic of conversions on may posts.

I should add "Long live free speech!!!"