Code of Conduct while here in the forum

toolmaker123

On 4/10/2018 at 2:13 AM, Pleasant said:

That's the one thing a lot of people don't like - Speculation. We don't know what tenants think. The only thing anyone can know is what we see in front of the cameras.

And nothing else.

Agree and going by the amount that don't chat and are bored of it feel the same. 

I wonder if we do know what we see in front of the cameras.

Of course, if you've got Replay you can check, but we all know witness statements are very unreliable.

On top of which, when we do understand what is being said it usually is very dull.

I'm paying for entertainment, nudity, sex, excitement ............

OK, maybe I'm on the wrong site.         But the reason I love RLC is because I'm not limited to what I and others see.    I make up characterisations, based on observation, but when you know nothing then whatever you make up just possibly could be valid.   

Nothing wrong with speculation.    Just please make it exciting (and justifiable by what is on screen).

48 minutes ago, iloner said:

I wonder if we do know what we see in front of the cameras.

Of course, if you've got Replay you can check, but we all know witness statements are very unreliable.

On top of which, when we do understand what is being said it usually is very dull.

I'm paying for entertainment, nudity, sex, excitement ............

OK, maybe I'm on the wrong site.         But the reason I love RLC is because I'm not limited to what I and others see.    I make up characterisations, based on observation, but when you know nothing then whatever you make up just possibly could be valid.   

Nothing wrong with speculation.    Just please make it exciting (and justifiable by what is on screen).

So why don't you chat then? Because I have never seen you using it, but you do a lot of defending for it and the chatters that use it!! 

Hi Danny,

I did try Chat a few times, years ago.    When it is full of interesting discussion I found  it moves too fast and is too confusing - who said which comment about what?   And when few are on and things are slow - well, often its personal chitchat and that's not for me.

I'm long-winded.   I like to think about what to say.    When I try to be amusing it takes a long time.   So Forum suits me better.

I admire those who do Chat though.   Keeping that space filled 24/7, thinking quickly, often being funny, keeping it relevant - very impressive.   Its a good resource to catch up on what has happened, on bits of interest from other sites like CC, etc.    Different takes on things, different points of view.    Who really knows where the truth lies?    

And if two or more conflicting accounts all seem to fit what has been seen - twice the interest!    Until eventually one account seems more likely or is contradicted by further evidence.

Its valuable.   We would all have less if we did not defend it and those who contribute.     Yes, even those who take it way too seriously, or whose objective is to annoy and provoke.   Those whose sole object is to annoy don't stay long.   

But we all of us annoy or provoke sometimes - if we attack and exclude all  those we find so, who will be left?

• 5 years later...