Flash

pobar

• 5 months later...

Recently RLC was getting more difficult to run on my Android 4.4 tablet often requiring reloading the page several times then last week when it did load after the dots all I got was a still frame. When I tried to change to a different apartment the camera window stuck with the previous apartment. I don't know if RLC changed something e.g. Flowplayer version or if something on my tablet changed.

I found a slightly later version of Puffin 4.8.0.2965 but that made no difference.

Tonight I have found Puffin version 6 is under development and an apk for beta version 6.0.3.15610

So far this works.

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2015 at 10:44 PM, supadrpen said:

I don't think there is any way to know if they are planning to leave flash, although they definitely should. They probably won't for security reasons, I imagine cams are harder to fool when the video is in flash than HTML5.

HTML5 is not less secure then Flash. But it is a whole different way to handle streams and the site has to be redesigned from scratch. They are just happy with it for the moment but in any closed future they will have to switch because flash will disappear.

I wouild suggest to them to write their own player instead of browser access you download and install a player, this will then be possible for any type of device.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Tonight my desktop loaded updates to Windows 10 - I use Edge.

Immediately after the main realifecam screen showed a blank screen with the message 'Unsupported video format.   Try installing Adobe Flash' yet all the thumbnails worked fine.

I have tried reloading Flashplayer but Edge says Flash is already installed and the Advanced Settings tell me Flash player is on.

All the other progs I have tried continue to work fine - only realifecam has a problem since the Windows 10 updates.

Anyone any advice?

3 hours ago, iloner said:

Tonight my desktop loaded updates to Windows 10 - I use Edge.

Immediately after the main realifecam screen showed a blank screen with the message 'Unsupported video format.   Try installing Adobe Flash' yet all the thumbnails worked fine.

I have tried reloading Flashplayer but Edge says Flash is already installed and the Advanced Settings tell me Flash player is on.

All the other progs I have tried continue to work fine - only realifecam has a problem since the Windows 10 updates.

Anyone any advice?

9 hours ago, iloner said:

Thank you StnCld - but it did not work.    I have emailed support who suggested the same thing

It was worth a try.   All you can do then is try a different Browser.  I use Internet Explorer and it suits me for what I use it for. RLC works fine for me until they Ban my IP over a posted Picture or Video.

14 hours ago, StnCld316 said:

It was worth a try.   All you can do then is try a different Browser.  I use Internet Explorer and it suits me for what I use it for. RLC works fine for me until they Ban my IP over a posted Picture or Video.

Thanks again.

I tried Chrome which had the same problem, but then Opera which is working ok.