can i pay using a pre-paid card?

iloner

There is a name on the prepaid card usually it's the name of the bank, i receive a guide book with mine that explai that u have to put the name of the bank. 

Hi wathou,

I wouldn't be surprised if I have been doing it wrong.    So my card came from Thomas Cook (there isn't a name of a bank on it otherwise) so I should put Thomas Cook in the Name field?

Have you made it work?

Hi wathou,

I wouldn't be surprised if I have been doing it wrong.    So my card came from Thomas Cook (there isn't a name of a bank on it otherwise) so I should put Thomas Cook in the Name field?

Have you made it work?

I have a bpaid prepaid card from belgium, and the name that i had to fill in was the name of the bank like it was instructed in the guidebook. I'v tried to look for thomas cook online payment guide but i couldn't find anything ^^' if u didn't recieved anyguide book maybe try to call the support center and ask them what name to put when u do a online payment. Because i'v paid with a prepaid card and it worked fine like B.T.R said.

And i also have a question if anyone know: If u cancel my subscription when my 3 months subscription end. Can i resubscribe right away for a other 3 or 6 months with the same card to have the promotional offer ?

Hi wathou,

Thanks for your help.   I took the 6 month option so I'm good now till Feb.   But no doubt others will find it useful to know that the Name field doesn't want your name but the name of the Bank or card issuing organisation.

I did receive a guide book but didn't read it.    What can I say?   I'm a numbskull.    Perhaps a little online help on completing the form would be good.

Re your question: I've noticed with other sites you usually renew at a set monthly rate which may not be as good as the initial-offer-to-join rate.      

More boring but important stuff on this question:

Segpay is currently the only option for joining RLC and they say to telephone them to find out whether whatever card you plan to use is acceptable at that time.

And wathou, the present terms for RLC are set so that if you join at a discounted rate when the initial period ends you are automatically charged at a standard per month rate, which is higher than the discounted rate

I have found both Segpay and Verotel to be helpful.    Cancelling if you wish seems to be straightforward.   My experience has been good - I had in my view straightforward dealing from RLC.   

On ‎2016‎-‎07‎-‎11 at 2:28 PM, VelvetElvis said:

How does paying with pre-paid work? The SegPay wants name on card with a pre-pay there will not be a name.

With a Pre-Paid Card you can put any name and address you want to be in the required fields. Accuracy is not really important when providing info from Pre-Paid Cards.

• 1 month later...

Or you can buy a secure deposit credit card that has your name on it etc.  I know a few out there that are really easy to get and it's a full credit card that has a  very low credit limit.  (Normally as big as you deposited).

So if you deposit 250.00 it's a 250.00 credit limit.  You can then setup E-mail only billing and notifications.  So all transactions will be hidden and you just tell the wife you use it for lunch, gas etc.  Problem solved.

• 4 months later...

My 6 months expired just in time for me to MISS Irma licking Jess to a climax.   Such is life.   I fancied a short break from all the over-excitement (!) but now I'm ready to rejoin because eggs is eggs and because it is a bit slow at the moment RLC will slip in some not-to-be-missed event, such as a quickie visit by Aida and Megan to take the twins' strap-on virginity in  a Wednesday night spectacular (don't panic - just my imagination running away with me).

Once again I have found my pre-paid Mastercard card - apparently always accepted but already rejected twice - made sure it was still valid and had enough on it to pay for 6 months and .......... got rejected again.   

But this time there is no Ilona or Aida to panic me into getting out the credit card, so I contacted segpay to ask why the card was declined.   They referred me to the issuing bank who told me card declined because the merchant (Segpay) is considered high risk because of a history of fraudulent transactions.

I guess this is a reflection of the market Segpay is in -  the kind of company we keep (although of course voyeurs should be considered to be true gentlemen always).

So I have asked Segpay to advise me what pre-paid card readily available in the UK I could use.    SirJohan's advice above is interesting but I have not yet checked whether a secure deposit credit card is available in the UK.

I'll let you know progress but if by wishful thinking Ilona does turn up this afternoon I bet I'll be flashing the credit card pronto.

From a bit further up in this thread:

On 19-8-2016 at 5:25 PM, iloner said:

Maybe pre-paid works if already set-up and renewing; but not to initialise.   The initial data entry screen insists on name which isn't on a pre-paid card.

My virtual card expired, so I found myself staring at fuzzy thumbnails last week. Created a new one with the same service, signed up for RLC again, and behold, no more fuzzy thumbnails and access to all rooms.

So I can confirm that the "Virtual Net+"-card from

still works with RLC, not just for renewal, but also for initial setup.

And for the name on the card part: It's an online service, the name you enter on the account details will be the "name on card", there's no physical card, just a virtual card with a 16-digit card number, an expiration date and a CVC-code.

Not sure how this will solve your initial problem with the transactions you want to "hide" though, you'd still have to transfer funds from somewhere, or perhaps you have a stack of bitcoins laying around you can use.

Hi CowArt,

I got a reply from SegPay which somewhat missed the point.   Their answer to My Mastercard has been declined because you SegPay are regarded as high risk so what card do you recommend?   Try either Visa or MasterCard.    Same circle I went round last time.   LOL.

Neteller, as you point out, needs you to have some Internet available funds in the first place, whereas my source of funds for off-the-record purchases is cash, usually from 'down the back of the settee'.   

RobertParker above suggests Easier to tell the wife the truth (well, he has taken the name of a tiger), and I'm with him 100%.    Robert, if you'll let me know your wife's phone number I'll fess up your secrets to her no problem.    For myself, avoiding offering my testicles to a maddened woman seems a more sensible choice.     Actually my wife is quite adorable, and what I'm really afraid of is that slightly saddened understanding of 'surely at your age you should have stopped ogling naked girls' followed by 'why don't I watch with you to see what you find so exciting' and finally 'but this is voyeurism - yuk'.

I guess another case of completely missing the point.

So I've solved the problem as before, flashed the credit card and hope to hide the statement.    The declining bank has got it right - SegPay has got some customers who are devious and shifty.