Upgrades over the next few days

Admin

1 hour ago, grabbit said:

Hi @dougiestyle4uI would like the old archive facility back.I get a lot of laughs from the comments made by you guys and if the only way to go back is the "add more"button I`d be very disappointed.Can we reinstate the archive facility admin?

Unfortunately, it isn't possible do that. That best I could do would be to enable you to scroll back 100 - 500 comments. The shoutbox feature is an addon that is not part of the forum software. 

3 hours ago, rob1 said:

3 hours ago, rob1 said:

There is just one thing missing that i liked on the old forum that isn't on the new forum and that is the most number of posts during the day or the overall top posters i used to enjoy looking that up but i am not that worried about it.

I liked it too. I just started looking at it over the past month and it was a nice thing to check once in a while.

10 hours ago, admin said:

Unfortunately, it isn't possible do that. That best I could do would be to enable you to scroll back 100 - 500 comments. The shoutbox feature is an addon that is not part of the forum software. 

AWE. I used the Chatbox Archive feature daily. In the past I would go back to when I was last reading the chats and scroll forward to the current time. Now I will have to read or scroll backwards which would confuse me with what the chatters are referring to. Perhaps I will try and keep clicking "add more" until the last time I read the chatbox and then read forward from then until current (read older chats first and scroll to the newer chats which would then make sense). Just trying to adapt to the new changes but loved the chatters even when I am offline from RLCF which is an awesome social website across the world. Must be a bitch for you (Admin) and all the tech people to maintain this service. I thank you.

Just tried "add more" (kept clicking more) and read older chats first and then scrolled to newer/current chats and it worked like before the upgrade so "I am good"

Edited by dougiestyle4u
update my post with new info

bonjour, ces bien beau cette nouvelle version du site

juste une toute petit sugestion a faire

des gens comme moi qui sont daltonien ne vois pas bien la couleur

je vous suggere juste de mettre plus fort dans la couleur que vous avez choisir

exemple : vous avez mis un bleu tros pal qui peux nous faire croire que ces du blanc

merci de me comprendre

3 hours ago, grabbit said:

@dougie How long did it take you to go back 12/24 hours?It looks like you can move back about 9 posts at each click on add more.It takes a bloody long time to search archive whereas before was easy.New doesn`t always mean better guys!

Yes it does take time. The first time I read though past shouts I only had to hit the "more" button about 3 or 4 times because there were only about 30 comments since it was reviewing the night when not much shouters online (in 12 to 24 hours there are slower times of chats). Well, it is a different story when there are many shouters during the day and couple of comments per minute. Fuck, I almost gave up but I hate missing out on things so I would say it took about 10 or 15 minutes to back track to where I last read the shouts (about an 8 hour time span to get caught up on). Once I got there I went phew or about time, and enjoyed reading the shouts in order but skimmed through certain apartment or side talk that doesn't interest me. More work and time to back peddle (depending if quiet or busy in the chatbox) but I am more into RLCF (more things to look at) than watching RLC and waiting and waiting for apartment activities to happen. So I don't mind the extra time to search the chats since the old chat archive will never be available.  I keep RLC on a separate tab to periodically check the apartments or thumbnails for any action while I review the chats.

So basically, figure out the possible amount of chat activity that you might have missed and if it is worth the 5 or 10 or 15 minutes to go back in time to keep updated on things (the funny comments are priceless to me).

It would be ideal if the ADMIN can help us with the "more" button by moving back about 20 or 30 posts at a time (instead of about roughly 9) or 30 minute increments which would speed things up quite a bit.

@dougiestyle4uHi room and hi dougie.Listen to this man admin.He speaks a lot of sense.If we can`t have the good old archive facility back,incremental jumps back would be a real bonus. As I said previously,it takes bloody long time to get back twenty four hours under the current system.I don`t want to miss any of the golden comments from my fellow intelligent members.When things are slow,the comments are much more entertaining than on screen activity.Please consider.Grabbit

I have waited a few days to use the new site before commenting on it.

Overall it looks up to date while I am sure I have not found all the new features yet.

The biggest change for me is the loss of the chatbox archive feature. While general banter is mostly only relevant at the time being able to look back for comments about the apartments and tenants was useful. The full history back to 2014 certainly is not necessary but say 10 days would be, even 48 hours far better than nothing. Yes I have found when scrolling back at the top more posts can be added but only a few each click plus they seem quickly to be lost again i.e. click 5 times to added posts but before all are read some have gone again requiring reloading of them. I have not checked in detail but most likely either when a new entry is made or the page updates on a time period.

My other comments are

a)

While the text is larger it is less crisp. This seems to be a combination of the font, it appearing as dark grey not black and maybe the the base software used.

B)

Now when adding images to a new fan page post the images are seen rather than the file name but it can be awkward dragging then to the required position rather than before position the cursor then clicking 'add to post'.  Is there a feature I am not aware of yet?

c)

While I rarely post to the chat room, preferring the fan pages so the details remain available, there is no outline showing where to type the comment to post.

d)

On the Unread Content page there is no obvious indication of how to access the last post rather than going to the first page and post. Only by chance hovering the pointer over the symbol to the left of the title did I find this is the way to open that post and the last page of the thread.

• 2 months later...
On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 7:28 PM, dougiestyle4u said:
On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 7:28 PM, dougiestyle4u said:

Yes it does take time. The first time I read though past shouts I only had to hit the "more" button about 3 or 4 times because there were only about 30 comments since it was reviewing the night when not much shouters online (in 12 to 24 hours there are slower times of chats). Well, it is a different story when there are many shouters during the day and couple of comments per minute. Fuck, I almost gave up but I hate missing out on things so I would say it took about 10 or 15 minutes to back track to where I last read the shouts (about an 8 hour time span to get caught up on). Once I got there I went phew or about time, and enjoyed reading the shouts in order but skimmed through certain apartment or side talk that doesn't interest me. More work and time to back peddle (depending if quiet or busy in the chatbox) but I am more into RLCF (more things to look at) than watching RLC and waiting and waiting for apartment activities to happen. So I don't mind the extra time to search the chats since the old chat archive will never be available.  I keep RLC on a separate tab to periodically check the apartments or thumbnails for any action while I review the chats.

So basically, figure out the possible amount of chat activity that you might have missed and if it is worth the 5 or 10 or 15 minutes to go back in time to keep updated on things (the funny comments are priceless to me).

It would be ideal if the ADMIN can help us with the "more" button by moving back about 20 or 30 posts at a time (instead of about roughly 9) or 30 minute increments which would speed things up quite a bit.

ADMIN - can you make a change to the LOAD MORE button? When scrolling backwards in time - if a new current message in the chat is posted the scroll reverts back to the current time or jumps ahead and I have to restart or keep clicking the LOAD MORE button. THIS IS A ROYAL PAIN IN THE ASS!!!. Obviously whoever programmed this option never used this before to be aware of the flaws in accessing prior chats over the day (ADMIN, I know it is not you because this came as a "prepackage" included in the forum upgrade). Once the LOAD MORE is clicked - it should prevent further new chat messages posted until done reading the old chats. Then a CANCEL button would restart the new added chats. SIMPLE ENOUGH. I worked with IT before and made suggestions for possible inclusion to a program and most of the time they were able to figure out a way to accommodate the needed changes for improving operator convenience. If IT knows their stuff they can fix things to improve accessibility or for troubleshooting purposes or for better monitoring of processes (I previously worked in industry with computer controlled processes mill wide and most IT people would try to help). Please consider this - THANKS.