Open letter to the lady members

jugghead

15 hours ago, 1brain1 said:

Dear StnCld316. Thanks for the information, I did not think that in this forum there was a censorship, but you are the administrator and you make the rules, I can only observe them. There is one thing that I would like to know, if that is the law, then anyone can write in PM what he wants and also use offensive words, insults, blasphemies, so nobody comes to know anything. Or maybe you are the only person who can judge everything? Did i misunderstood ?
Thanks for reading

All I said what gets done in PM stays in PM that's why it's called Private Messaging. Open Forum Boards is not the place to bring matters from a Private Conversation out into the Open where everyone can see.

Maybe I did not say it clear enough. The question is ... if someone offends me in PM or tells me inappropriate or racist words, or offends a woman using stalker terms what should be done? I tried in the forum rules but I did not find anything on this subject. From what you say, everything must remain "private" and then it remains unpunished? I ask this for information and not for polemics. Thank you 

15 hours ago, 1brain1 said:

Maybe I did not say it clear enough. The question is ... if someone offends me in PM or tells me inappropriate or racist words, or offends a woman using stalker terms what should be done? I tried in the forum rules but I did not find anything on this subject. From what you say, everything must remain "private" and then it remains unpunished? I ask this for information and not for polemics. Thank you 

If someone does that in PM there is a Report Post Option to use in  the top Right Corner of each Post.

• 3 weeks later...

A huge than you to Marga for her perspective.

For me, I have been in contact with many of the ladies in PM on and off. Mostly off. I feel us guys are just trying to figure out what we're supposed to do. Be serious? Play? Just relax and watch? The lines are always blurred in real life so here, where we rely only on the written word, it's like reading Sanskrit. Hell, there are just guys in similar forums cutting each other's throats. As a woman, you must imagine some of the things that go on. You have members running in packs sometimes. This is why some people get pissed at chat. I opened this discussion not inadvertently, as Harry1949 said, but purposely to get right to the core of some of the problems. I won't even talk about gays because I'll get thrown out on my ear, but I am a progressive and I am for everyone enjoying this. There needs to be better understanding or someone will sure as hell always be pissed off.

Just relax and watch.

No need for trying to guess and workout what is going on,  you will just get worked up and irritate others. Just my opinion and most will just do what they keep doing and you have every right. Just don't complain when the chat is dead.

One more thing: Just because you don't chat doesn't make you a Lurker.

24 minutes ago, Shadow V said:

Just relax and watch.

No need for trying to guess and workout what is going on,  you will just get worked up and irritate others. Just my opinion and most will just do what they keep doing and you have every right. Just don't complain when the chat is dead.

Well said. Short, succinct and true. And sitting on the sidelines and watching can be just as much fun; just think of all the fun times you may have had just sitting and watching the world walk by without interfering. 

• 2 months later...
On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 12:06 PM, Shadow V said:

Just relax and watch.

Lurker: A person who lurks, in particular a user of an internet message board or chat room who does not participate. :D

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 6:12 PM, jugghead said:

StnCld316, is it not policy to alert a member when their thread gets responses or did my time in the non-members time-out cage cause that? This is not off-topic as I feel like I should be alerted so I can respond. Thanks.

That should not make any difference.  If you follow a Topic and something gets placed in that Topic then you should receive an e-Mail Notification that Content was placed in that Topic.  Check your Settings in your Profile maybe it's not set to do that. 

• 1 month later...