Vacations

One Eyed Willie

Might do ok for what they are doing, get away on vacation once or twice a year, but where does it get you at the end of the day. Wouldn't swap lives with any of them. Unless they come back with a tan and some have their social media accounts, they could just be staying with mom and dad and having some time away.

22 hours ago, PoeBoy said:

I've enough seniority where I work to earn 3 weeks vacation a year.  Being able to take all three weeks at once never happens, though.  One is okay.  Two I have to schedule during the normally slow times and it's frowned upon.  

Sounds like most of us in the Real World. I'm sure when you do get time off it's well deserved.

43 minutes ago, Rudi said:

Sounds like most of us in the Real World. I'm sure when you do get time off it's well deserved.

Man I've had 4 weeks vacation every place I've worked and take them all as I plan far in advance.  My core family is EU and take the 30 day vacations going places (beach house, other countries and so on).  1 week is only time enough to just go home for a stay-cation and mostly nothing else.  You should negotiate to get all your time off when you need it and discover what its like to re-energize before returning to work from a long, well deserve break.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...