Has anyone ever tried porting the speaker output into google translate? It's an amazing app, it will even translate picures of words into other languages.

I never tried google translate, but I tried sending it to Word. I couldn't get the dictation to work though. I think it was a problem with them speaking to low or being too far away from the mic and couldn't get enough volume for the translator to pick it up. In their it's a good idea, but with some problems.

I never tried google translate, but I tried sending it to Word. I couldn't get the dictation to work though. I think it was a problem with them speaking to low or being too far away from the mic and couldn't get enough volume for the translator to pick it up. In their it's a good idea, but with some problems.

Ya.. You would probably have to plug a little speaker into the audio out, then put it on a tablet or phone running the translate app. That might get the volume up enough.. I know simply holding the phone against the regular speaker doesnt work

• 2 weeks later...