A plugin is needed to display this content

osmanaramovic

Anything in the gallery that shows a black box with pointer in it I cannot play.  Click on it and another black frame with a bar in the middle.  Another no play.  Granted, I am computer stupid, but thought this was supposed to be cleared up.

• 3 weeks later...

There have been fairly straightforward and detailed tutorials posted in various fora here describing how to convert video files to a universally playable format. There have also been a couple of moderators who have taken it upon themselves to convert videos posted by those who (I'll be nice) haven't seen the tutorials. If there are some you can't view, wait a bit and perhaps it will show up converted later.

There have been fairly straightforward and detailed tutorials posted in various fora here describing how to convert video files to a universally playable format. There have also been a couple of moderators who have taken it upon themselves to convert videos posted by those who (I'll be nice) haven't seen the tutorials. If there are some you can't view, wait a bit and perhaps it will show up converted later.

send a message to hotwal; he is the one that does the good job converting the videos for us.

• 1 month later...
Guest MarkB89

I also get that error message in Firefox (Windows) when a video has this thumbnail:

media_nothumb.png

My simple question is: What format is that, so that IE can play the files? What abilities has IE which FF does not have?

EDIT: I could answer it by myself. The thumb is irrelevant. And the other format is just an AVI.

Edited by MarkB89

My 5 cents

I wrote in another topic that I cant watch some gallery, Ive found a workaround but only because I know my machine and what I run.

Well my idea to solve the problem without workaround or tricks it to "oblige" uploaders to use a standard which could be the avi/mp4 format.

Maybe the uploaders wont agree but I think that spending 5 mins to convert their filetype from xy to avi/mp4 is not a waste of time and they will gain in prestige. Where is the satisfaction if Im the only one who can watch the movie I uploaded?