Voyeur Tube Malware

dummy1

I wonder why Voyeur Tube CC is a closed topic? When I clicked on the link I was immediately exposed to some sort of Malware, stupid me, TWICE! That topic and site URL should be removed from The General Discussion page.

Voyeurtube.Cc is essentially a read only site, you can't actually download anything from it you can only watch videos. The ads on the site are all from reputable companies that don't allow malware to be distributed through their networks. I am 99.9% confident that there is no malware on the site, I visit the site on a daily basis to perform maintenance tasks and I've never had an issue. That being said, I did a Malware scan on the site (you can see the results

) which came back with 1/66 score. In other words, 1 out of 66 malware scanners found an issue. The supposed issue that it found was "Suspicious Content" I don't know what that means exactly, and it doesn't provide much further detail, but that's certainly not a definitive "we found a virus". After doing some more research it appears that a year or so ago there may have been a malicious file uploaded to the site, so it may have gotten on a black list. However, that would have been on the old server and old software that allowed users to upload content. The site was completely rebuilt (new server, software, videos) about 10 months ago. Not to mention that  having a "bad" file on a site doesn't necessarily mean that it is infecting users, or that it is actvely doing anything. So my guess is that whatever program is telling you that the site is infected is using the same scanner or blacklist that found "suspicious content" and is marking it as being infected. Without having more details about the "suspicious content" I have no way of knowing what it thinks it found, or when it was found. It's also possible that "suspicious content" simply means that there are vulnerabilities present, the site uses third party ads which could be considered a vulnerability if not used correctly. In summary, visit at your own risk, but I am 99.9% confident that there is nothing malicious on the site, and that it's simply an over sensitive scanner or looking at an old scan. I am on the site just about everyday and i've never gotten so much as a warning from my anti-virus/malware scanner. I appreciate you brining this to my attention, and if you run into anyother issues please let me  know.

- Admin

Voyeurtube.Cc is essentially a read only site, you can't actually download anything from it you can only watch videos. The ads on the site are all from reputable companies that don't allow malware to be distributed through their networks. I am 99.9% confident that there is no malware on the site, I visit the site on a daily basis to perform maintenance tasks and I've never had an issue. That being said, I did a Malware scan on the site (you can see the results

) which came back with 1/66 score. In other words, 1 out of 66 malware scanners found an issue. The supposed issue that it found was "Suspicious Content" I don't know what that means exactly, and it doesn't provide much further detail, but that's certainly not a definitive "we found a virus". After doing some more research it appears that a year or so ago there may have been a malicious file uploaded to the site, so it may have gotten on a black list. However, that would have been on the old server and old software that allowed users to upload content. The site was completely rebuilt (new server, software, videos) about 10 months ago. Not to mention that  having a "bad" file on a site doesn't necessarily mean that it is infecting users, or that it is actvely doing anything. So my guess is that whatever program is telling you that the site is infected is using the same scanner or blacklist that found "suspicious content" and is marking it as being infected. Without having more details about the "suspicious content" I have no way of knowing what it thinks it found, or when it was found. It's also possible that "suspicious content" simply means that there are vulnerabilities present, the site uses third party ads which could be considered a vulnerability if not used correctly. In summary, visit at your own risk, but I am 99.9% confident that there is nothing malicious on the site, and that it's simply an over sensitive scanner or looking at an old scan. I am on the site just about everyday and i've never gotten so much as a warning from my anti-virus/malware scanner. I appreciate you brining this to my attention, and if you run into anyother issues please let me  know.

- Admin

Thank you Admin for clearing up this matter.

The Moderators don't have the answers to questions of this nature.