Recording Techniques

systmofadown

I'm not sure if this is an ok topic, but typically I would use IDM (Internet Download Manager) to download a live stream, it doesn't appear to be possible with RLC...I tried GetFLV and it freezes my computer and the video ends up being choppy and almost like it's in fast forward...the only other option I have is screen capping but then I would have to sit there and never leave RLC...is there a better option out there to download the live streams directly? Or is there a work around for IDM?  Again, if this topic isn't appropriate, my apologies, and I understand if it gets removed.  Thanks!

I am using bandicam to record RLC. The free version allows 10 minutes of recording. There's an option for bandicam(paid version) to automatically stop recording after a certain period and then start a new recording immediately, so you might be able to set it to record all the time.

In my opinion, if you can afford the subscription for RLC, might as well just buy the license for bandicam. I bought it specifically just to record RLC since it's much more convenient to record with it. With a premium RLC account, you can set it to automatically follow the most popular cam and then record with bandicam. Even when you're at work etc, you'll still be able to watch and record the cams. 

Thanks for the reply, with Bandicam, is it recording the screen or the stream?  My problem is, I don't want to sit here all day following them from room to room.  I want to just download the stream of the rooms, and edit the videos later.  I thought I'd be able to do that w/ GetFLV but it's not a good program.  IDM works on most sites, but it seams RLC has a block on it.

OBS is better in bandicam in every way.. its 100% free without any limitations..
However it requires more of a setup than bandicam but nothing a short you tube video can help you start off

[setup as in messing with the options and a decent computer]

i like it because it recorders in higher quality (but u can put it lower if u rush) has no logo and can even record multiple monitors

it also has something called "scenes" which u can create your self and use on the flash (like zooming) so in 1 click you can zoom an amount you set and where

I record using this but sadly my 0.4 upload speed limits me to uploading here.. also since i record at max quality my file sizes are bigger

Thanks. I installed OBS but I can't figure out how to get the RLC stream to download...only videos I can find are about recording your own stream.  I use Camtasia which is great, and they've reduced the speed of saving recordings and reduced the file sizes with Camtasia 8.  So I don't think I'll switch to Bandicam.  I wish there was a way to get IDM to work...

Agree with Strike31 the Ocam recorder is very simple and very good.

You can set which format it records in and the only controls are RECORD & STOP and when stopped it is saved instantly with no rendering process like many

which often means you are waiting for as long as the recording is to be finalised and saved.

You also have an image capture function which is instant.

All in all a good piece of software with NO limit on recording time and it is FREE.

What is there not to like.

Agree with Strike31 the Ocam recorder is very simple and very good.

You can set which format it records in and the only controls are RECORD & STOP and when stopped it is saved instantly with no rendering process like many

which often means you are waiting for as long as the recording is to be finalised and saved.

You also have an image capture function which is instant.

All in all a good piece of software with NO limit on recording time and it is FREE.

What is there not to like.

You can also set the video output format to MP4 or Flv while recording. And last but not least, with the last update you can capture a gif live from the feed.

You can also set the video output format to MP4 or Flv while recording. And last but not least, with the last update you can capture a gif live from the feed.

Thought i had said that about the format settings but the gif capture is good now as you say.

Dam good piece of software though.