Christmas for RLC Tenants

delta10

While generally for Western Europe, USA, Australia etc Christmas is celebrated on 25th December in Russia and other countries that predominantly / traditionally follow the Orthodox Church and the Julian calendar Christmas Day is celebrated on 7th January. Since most tenants of RLC seem to be Russian, Ukranian etc there were few signs of Christmas celebrations around the 25th December.

Since the 7th January is a Saturday this year for many of us RLC viewers we will have a better opportunity to observe the apartments.

Last year I recall Ilona, Irma and Anna swapped small gifts and Nelly and Bogdan but generally very limited celebration. Again this (last) year Carina and Sabrina celebrated on 25th December.

From what I saw looking in through the day there was nothing to suggest it was Christmas Day.

At B1 Irma and Nora were out for several hours as was Nicole while Jess was camming for a while daytime then evening. Irma and Nora came back having been lingerie shopping and much later when Nicole turned up with Fernando it was posted she had too. Also reported was that Danaya and Karol had been shopping. All this though, with the possible exception of Nicole, was buying for themselves not gifts.

Just a the past few days there was a gathering at Nelly & Bogdan's but nothing making it obviously a special day.

Elsewhere likewise nothing suggesting a special day.

17 minutes ago, iloner said:

7th Jan is the Russian Orthodox Church Xmas Day but I guess most young Russians models are not church goers!

Indeed most likely true but similarly while neither are most European, American etc residents it doesn't stop them making it a special day, swap gifts etc.

I would have expected to see more gift swapping, eating of a special meal etc on either 25th December or 7th January.

In my opinion: During communist rule by the Soviet Union and it's satellite countries oppressing religious freedoms, not many people attended church. Christmas celebrations were probably not very prevalent. Therefore a tradition of gift giving and exchange is not a custom like that in western Europe, Australia and in the Americas. So these young people in RLC apartments have very little tradition of Christmas gift exchange.

19 hours ago, rayjay6 said:

In my opinion: During communist rule by the Soviet Union and it's satellite countries oppressing religious freedoms, not many people attended church. Christmas celebrations were probably not very prevalent. Therefore a tradition of gift giving and exchange is not a custom like that in western Europe, Australia and in the Americas. So these young people in RLC apartments have very little tradition of Christmas gift exchange.

This certainly fits what we have observed.