Is Paul still in the army?

The reason I ask is everytime I look in on this apartment Paul is there, I read a while ago he was in the army, obviously they get leave but he's been there a while now so is he still in and if so he must get a good time off?

I noticed Leora came in the other day with a few bags of what looked like clothes and toiletries in those designer shopping bags so the money must be coming in from somewhere seeing as she doesn't seem to work so is it his army pay or what?

• 4 weeks later...

hes likely in a reserve or militia unit. he not gone enough for anything else. one of those call up ever few month groups. also could be a militia that organizes for special events or for emergencies. he doesnt wear the current uniform of Russian army and even less of the new style patches on his uniform with blood group and the like. could also be a volunteer militia unit.