can i pay using a pre-paid card?

iloner

I share a joint bank account so want to avoid payments, for instance to RLCF, which i might not want to explain.   What pre-paid cards are accepted by RLCF, CC and RLC?   

(I paid RLC 6 months so i had only one transaction to hide)

Sorry that this is not techie, but there seemed nowhere better to post my query.

I share a joint bank account so want to avoid payments, for instance to RLCF, which i might not want to explain.   What pre-paid cards are accepted by RLCF, CC and RLC?   

(I paid RLC 6 months so i had only one transaction to hide)

Sorry that this is not techie, but there seemed nowhere better to post my query.

all prepaid mastercard/visa  are accepted by RLC ETC

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got a prepaid visa for exactly that reason - turns out visa rejected the RLC transaction (suspicious internet site or some nonsense) and I was forced to use a different card (very annoying).  I also like pre-paid for subscriptions because you can stop paying by not topping off the card if other attempts to stop the service fail.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been told by Verotel tonight that there may be difficulty paying by pre-paid card because under 18s could be using this to access adult sites.

I have not yet tried to pay by this method so will let you know how I get on in a day or two.

Segpay replied:

They tell me I need to be signed up directly to the website to confirm if they will accept my pre-paid card.

But since the payment screen requires info such as Name that is not on a pre-paid card and only one option is available under Choose A Payment Method - Segpay Debt and Credit Cards-it seems RLC no longer accepts pre-paid cards.

Clearly BTR's reply 8 March above no longer applies.

@iloner: My subscription with a pre-paid card expires on the 20th, it's topped up, so should renew, I'll let you know how it works out.

Thanks CowArt

I'm good for 6 months now but it will be useful for others to know if the option does work

Mine was Mastercard from Thomas Cook.

Maybe pre-paid works if already set-up and renewing; but not to initialise.   The initial data entry screen insists on name which isn't on a pre-paid card.

There is a name on the prepaid card usually it's the name of the bank, i receive a guide book with mine that explai that u have to put the name of the bank.