Viewing Archives

Robwin

The problem i seem to have with the archive pop up window is that when the window has say 30 pages you can only flick though them page by page and usually i get halfway though and the page function (top RH corner) often just disappears so can't view anymore pages,grrrrrrr

Very frustrating.

Is this a software site fault and if so bloody well fix it please.!!!

Thank you.

The problem i seem to have with the archive pop up window is that when the window has say 30 pages you can only flick though them page by page and usually i get halfway though and the page function (top RH corner) often just disappears so can't view anymore pages,grrrrrrr

Very frustrating.

Is this a software site fault and if so bloody well fix it please.!!!

Thank you.

Robwin - if you are referring to the Chatbox archives then i encounter the same thing. Yes, with a long list of 30 or more or even less it happens i believe only when someone has posted a video (maybe pics) in the chatbox in that time duration. I figure the video is large which actually extends too far to the right hand side so the page function disappears and prevents any further use. What i try to do is close it out and do it again while trying to remember the time when it seems to happen. Then, through a bit of trial and error, i enter new times that attempt to skip around the posted video (perhaps 15 minutes before and after the problem started). Usually after a few tries it works again. I hate missing some comments around this issue but it works for me. If you have no patience then skip 1 hour when that issue happens and it should be okay. Any posted link to a site doesn't affect this - only an actually video posted. Next time try this - hope it helps.

Occasionally I have had the Chat Room archive freeze when moving to the next page. I have wondered if it is when this exactly coincides with a new post. Also if with the time period selected I get more than 10 pages I go back and make the end time earlier then when I have looked through the pages I change the start time to the end time, move the end time on a few hours, read the next few pages and so on.

if members upload pics or vids into chatbox it cripples allocated bandwidth , , not our fault its the programmers fault IPBOARD 3.4.9 , .so if you see members loading images into chat box ask them to use forums .to post pics etc or gallery would be even better

Does this hold true with posting pertinent Youtube videos and 'blaster's" entrance photo's  ??

AS I enjoy his entrances and exits !! As do other members I think; it's kindova trademark for him.

Does this hold true with posting pertinent Youtube videos and 'blaster's" entrance photo's  ??

AS I enjoy his entrances and exits !! As do other members I think; it's kindova trademark for him.

yes but my stance on this is as 

said in his comment on this topic. why spoil the fun of chat just so members can look back on whats been said on chat , i dont think its of any real relevance what as been previously been said if you wasnt there when it was said then 99% of the time its none of there buisness lol

I agree with B.T.R.(ADMIN) and toolmaker123(forum admin)--(Hows that for sucking up)--I only go back as far as the current chat allows to see what has been said earlier before I join the chat.  I'am to lazy to check anything else.  Most past chats probably are not that note worthy, except the things I have said.  I recomend that all go back and see what witty and Intelligent things I have said in previous chats and bask in the wonderment of me.

I agree with B.T.R.(ADMIN) and toolmaker123(forum admin)--(Hows that for sucking up)--I only go back as far as the current chat allows to see what has been said earlier before I join the chat.  I'am to lazy to check anything else.  Most past chats probably are not that note worthy, except the things I have said.  I recomend that all go back and see what witty and Intelligent things I have said in previous chats and bask in the wonderment of me.

Hey vampire, I don't think the chat archives can go as far back as the DARK ages since you are thought to only come out at night - lol

I agree that general chat is mostly not relevant at a later time. However when something significant has happened in an apartment looking back through the chat archives to the posts made by those viewing at the time is often the only way of finding out the detail. Also the links to screen grabs uploaded to other sites e.g. anony.ws are often only posted once in chat not on a relevant forum thread. This is why I always upload on a thread so the image is there until deleted from the RLC servers.