Camera refresh time after changing cameras

spikem

Looking for a general idea on how long it takes on average for a new camera to show after clicking on it.   I realise it has lots of variables  i.e.  CPU  Broadband speed video card etc but  mine is currently taking  around 10 secs to refresh just using one stream .

I have an i5 with 4gb memory 60GB Broadband and a fast Nvidia card. I'm sure it was  better than this  a week ago. Trying to work out if it is something at my end or a general slowdown on the system.   

Leora and Paul's camera is out, not working.  To switch between rooms takes from 3 to 5 seconds on all the apartments.  It sometimes, but not often, takes 7 to 10 seconds to switch between room cameras. I have latest cpu,  quad core, 12 gig mem, win 7.  Hope this helps some.

Which browsers are you guys using? 

I've noticed that it takes less time on my laptop (i5, dual core, 6 Gig Mem., win 7) to switch between cameras on Google Chrome as opposed to Internet Explorer.  I haven't tried with Firefox or Safari, and if anyone is still using XP, I feel very sorry for them...it's a choppy nightmare.

Unless a camera is down or having issues, it takes my screen 2 to 3 seconds with Chrome to switch between rooms in an apartment and about 3 to 5 seconds between apartments.

I believe it is the system you are using that controls cam switching speed between rooms and apartments .  I presently am using a "Torch "browser (chrome based) on a ASUS PC M51AC computer (Windows 8.1 , Intel quad core , i7-4770 @3.40 Ghz and 32.0 GB ram ).  My cam speed is just about ,  1 second on room to room within an apartment and 3 seconds on apartment to apartment ,  all in 1080P Full HD.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Glad i read this thread, I was begining to think it was my PC lol.  Sometimes when I'm veiwing a room and spot something more interesting on a thumbnail I go there but as already said the time varies, sometimes I there quick others the moment has gone when I get there.

I did think may be it was because more were veiwing that particular room and that was why it was slow at times, really annoying when you do see something worth switching for only to find the circle spinning and if and when it does load the room is either empty or as I said earlier the moment has gone, damn! :-(

• 2 months later...