Flash

pobar

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think there is any way to know if they are planning to leave flash, although they definitely should. They probably won't for security reasons, I imagine cams are harder to fool when the video is in flash than HTML5.

I would think that when creating HTML5 they thought about secure streaming. Maybe it's not as well documented as Flash so they decided to use Flash over HTML5?

• 2 weeks later...

Is there other browsers that I could use instead of puffin?  Puffin is quite slow and the flash quality is below misserable

For android, you can use Flashfox. Crashes sometimes but the quality is ok.

Unfortunately, I have no solution for WP8, I'm hoping they will change to HTML5 soon.

• 1 month later...

I have just got a second hand Nexus 7 32GB (I think original not updated version) running Lollipop 5.1.1

I have found the archive flash applications  apk files here

I have used the latest 11.1.115.81

and tried Firefox, Flashfox and Dolphin Android browsers.

Youtube ( in the browser not the app ) and Voyeur Villa work but the main live video screen for RLC just has ' Flash Player 10.1 or later required'

Has anyone had RLC working on a Nexus or can make suggestions to try?

• 3 weeks later...

I sent the Nexus 7 back as it failed to boot sometimes.

I now have an Asus Memo Pad 8 ME181 / K011, second generation with Intel Atom processor.

The 8" screen and larger keyboard is better and while slightly larger it is lighter than the Nexus 7.

It runs Android 4.4.2 Kitkat and there seems not to be an upgrade to 5.1 Lolipop. So far this doesn't seem to be a disadvantage.

I first installed the modified version 11 flash player which can be found here

and

I have tried Firefox i386 versions 27, 28.1 and 44. Voyeurvilla works on V44 but not RLC.

Flashfox is incompatible with the Intel Atom CPU.

I have tried both Dolphin version 10.2 with jetpack version 6.24 and version 11.5 with jetpack version 7. Neither VV or RLC worked.

18 March.

There is an x86 version of Dolphin I should have been using but still neither RLC or VV work with or  without Jetpack enabled.

As others have found only Puffin ( I have version ver.4.7.3.2441 ) works with RLC but the quality is not great even when in the settings options changed to customised and highest quality. The tablet screen is of course lower quality than a laptop or PC but other sites that work in Firefox look better.