Regarding use of chat box

BORN-TO-RIDE

it as been brought to my attention again , that alot of new members who try and become involved are shunned by the regulars , ok i have seen some regulars saying hello to them and after that they are ignored . remember  some members are not as quick at typing and also there internet is slower so they will fall behind in the context of the chat , also some members like to test the water before they jump in , so can all the regulars who use the chatbox please try and help the newbies become more involved , 

• 4 weeks later...

The shoutbox? What is it actually for?  The posts that I have seen fall into these categories:

1. Real time updates on what is happening in RLC

2, Individuals chatting about their own interests (eg own web sites).

3. Criticism or putdowns about other posts.

4. Banter about the tenants and speculation on their jobs/location/relationships.

5. General small talk about their own lives etc.

Is there any rule about content or is it just what ever you feel like saying?

The shoutbox? What is it actually for?  The posts that I have seen fall into these categories:

1. Real time updates on what is happening in RLC

2, Individuals chatting about their own interests (eg own web sites).

3. Criticism or putdowns about other posts.

4. Banter about the tenants and speculation on their jobs/location/relationships.

5. General small talk about their own lives etc.

Is there any rule about content or is it just what ever you feel like saying?

There is a profile setting; IF the discussion in the shout box has a relevant topic line about RealLifeCam.com, we ask that you follow protocol and NOT be speaking of outside interests.

However, when RealLifeCam.com doesn't  have any tenants being active, the discussion soon and often turns to personal interests, general BS , and joking and kidding. We don't mind this but we must remember why we are here and if the action on RLC hits a high note, please refrain from the 'banter' as you call it.

Please be mindful of the moderators and the  members trying to bring the shout box back to RealLifeCam.com discussions, when one of the players begins to do something of interest. Most times it will be the announcement of a nekkid participant, many times I've witnessed these get ignored. 

We have a few that have been reprimanded and warned for dominating the shout box with interests of their own. Much of the warnings and notifications will go un-noticed by you, the members, as the Moderators and Administrators do most of this kind of thing in the back alley. 

• 4 weeks later...

Just a comment about the fan pages.  I always thought that a fan is someone who likes, loves, adores or otherwise thinks highly of another.

I can't see that a whole lot of negative comments should be filling the fan pages.  If you took Ilona as an example, there would be a lot of posts which are definitely NOT fan mail on her pages.