Smoking policy?

I see Hector, Susan and the guest frequently go out on the porch/balcony to smoke. I have never seen them smoke in the rooms. Is this a RLC policy or just a European custom. I know many American families have one spouse who forbids the other from smoking in the home, but it appears that all the tenants are smokers in this apartment.

Also, I have not seen any other tenants in other apartments smoking or stepping out to smoke.What do you think?

I have seen them smoking in nearly every apartment, they  go to an open window in Dasha and Demids kitchen, Lev goes on the balcony in the kitchen in Nelly and Bogdans they walk outside to the left of the livingroom, always dressing warm before, just as examples

In many countries there is anti-smoking legislation in place, also there might be something in the apartments Insurance cover that forbids it. There might also be a restriction as the apartments are being 'broadcast' therefore it might infringe those rules as well.? 

In many countries there is anti-smoking legislation in place, also there might be something in the apartments Insurance cover that forbids it. There might also be a restriction as the apartments are being 'broadcast' therefore it might infringe those rules as well.? 

I thought that might have been the case.Or maybe RLC is prohibiting smoking in order to show a good example for any children who may be watching!? Don't want the little kids to start smoking now do we?

If that was the case then why are tenants allowed to smoke hookah pipes in the apartments? I have seen hookah pipes smoked on many occasions.

Good question.  White used to smoke her hookah in the living room, but had to go outside for a cigarette.

I'm sure another reason behind no smoking policy in the apts' is the time and cost it would take to clean them everytime they change tenants... I'm a smoker, and after I do spring cleaning, I could see how much smoke and dirt would build up over the winter months... the walls, and furniture get pretty dam dirty, and to get the smell out of the house takes a long time.... I still do spring cleaning, but it only takes a few pails of cleaner to clean up now, not 20....lol

• 3 months later...