Fan pages - what are they for??

WingCommander

We have several fan pages set up in the forums (fora) for members to add their comments.

They are generally relevant and interesting.

My concern is that over the past few weeks, people have forgotten what "fan" means.

• fan noun [C] (PERSON)
A2 someone who ​admires and ​supports a ​person, ​sport, ​sports​team, etc.:

By that definition, there should only be positive comments about the person on that thread.  But some members have taken the opportunity to vent their spleen about the person on the fan page.  I believe this is inappropriate.

Can I suggest that the negatives be put on the Chat Room, or in under another topic.

Just my thoughts and observations to consider.

When the meaning of fan is interpret exactly you're totally right.

But what happens when we create a new topic for the negative comments. The fans do her post in one topic, the not-fans do it in another topic. So, i believe, it will never comes to a discussion between fans and not-fans, and the forum will be splited in two half.

I thing the "fan-topics" about the residents should be general, so everybody can post their impressions, feelings and comments etc. about them in one topic. Perhaps we should call them not "fan-pages", maybe "discussion-pages" is better.

Yes, make the fan pages mostly photos to build into a daily record of activity for that person, with the occasional adoring comments.   This could remain after they leave as a reminder (and for those of us still wanting a daily fix).

Have a separate Comments thread in which discussion can take place.   So the daily activities could be commented on, queried, good and bad views swopped.   

Of course, if you have nothing good to say or don't like the apartment don't watch.

But even a fan sometimes finds it hard to see a positive side to behaviour or wants to raise a negative view - example the recent spat between Adele and Aida.

A fan page is also for debating about the person saying what they think is going to happen and what they think about the person. you don't have to be a mega fan just to reply to a message on their fan page.

Myself I am only a fan of my Rita which I always have been and quite recently Irma but it doesn't mean I can not comment on the other fan pages just because I am not a fan of the other people

We have several fan pages set up in the forums (fora) for members to add their comments.

They are generally relevant and interesting.

My concern is that over the past few weeks, people have forgotten what "fan" means.

• fan noun 
     (PERSON)
A2 someone who ​ and ​ a ​, ​, ​​, etc.:

By that definition, there should only be positive comments about the person on that thread.  But some members have taken the opportunity to vent their spleen about the person on the fan page.  I believe this is inappropriate.

Can I suggest that the negatives be put on the Chat Room, or in under another topic.

Just my thoughts and observations to consider.

this is why i have a forum mod , report any post that dont belong to that topic and he will delete them .

Yes, make the fan pages mostly photos to build into a daily record of activity for that person, with the occasional adoring comments.   This could remain after they leave as a reminder (and for those of us still wanting a daily fix).

Have a separate Comments thread in which discussion can take place.   So the daily activities could be commented on, queried, good and bad views swopped.   

Of course, if you have nothing good to say or don't like the apartment don't watch.

But even a fan sometimes finds it hard to see a positive side to behaviour or wants to raise a negative view - example the recent spat between Adele and Aida.

fan pages where designed for positive comments and the odd pic etc , by loading a fan page with just pics would undermine the purpose of the gallery 

A fan page is also for debating about the person saying what they think is going to happen and what they think about the person. you don't have to be a mega fan just to reply to a message on their fan page.

Myself I am only a fan of my Rita which I always have been and quite recently Irma but it doesn't mean I can not comment on the other fan pages just because I am not a fan of the other people

if you see negative post on a fan page , delete them 

By definition a fan page should only have positive images / moving gifs / links to positive videos but given this site also has a galley I suggest the fan pages become discussion topics to avoid the forum becoming cumbersome. A single topic also builds up a full picture of the tenants. Take say Efim. Having a fan page and separate discussions, that in time would slip much further down the forum, would result in it being likely that his behaviour when he had an apartment with Diana not being found out by newer members of RLCF.

The chat room is good for those contributing or just looking in at the time but the comments and links to photos are quickly lost. This is one reason why I post on the forum more than in the chat room.

• 3 weeks later...

I posted 2 images in the fan topic for Danaya yesterday. .MEE4YOUU replied that he didn't like Danaya and I quoted him and added another picture saying that I did like her. Both of those posts are gone now.

I can understand that .MEE4YOUU's opinion did violate your terms, but why is my nice picture deleted also? Was it just for quoting his original post?

I posted 2 images in the fan topic for Danaya yesterday. .MEE4YOUU replied that he didn't like Danaya and I quoted him and added another picture saying that I did like her. Both of those posts are gone now.

I can understand that .MEE4YOUU's opinion did violate your terms, but why is my nice picture deleted also? Was it just for quoting his original post?

I think yes .. Also I replied to a post about Vika being pretty and hot and I said maybe hot but not pretty so my reply disappeared.. Maybe next time I'll get a warning note who knows.. 

I deleted the post because posts are only to be positive things not negative things and mee4you you should know better i will not warn you this time but next time i will if you do this again that goes for everyone by the way i am not just picking on one person. I also deleted the picture because the photo was being quoted with a negative remark but next time i will remember to just delete the post not the picture.