Fan pages - what are they for??

WingCommander

I deleted the post because posts are only to be positive things not negative things and mee4you you should know better i will not warn you this time but next time i will if you do this again that goes for everyone by the way i am not just picking on one person. I also deleted the picture because the photo was being quoted with a negative remark but next time i will remember to just delete the post not the picture.

Please be kind enough and explain to me what is meant by "posts are only to be positive things not negative things " do you mean negative against the person I'm replying to or negative things against the tenants of RLC.. Please forgive me if I appear to by stupid or an asshole..   Thank you .. 

I don't know who, (WHICH) Moderator is doin the deleting; perhaps an Admin.

WOULD THE Deletor please confess and explain why photos themselves are being deleted?

The quotes and neggie comments can be deleted  without disturbing the attractive pictures, can it not? 

no pics should be deleted . if they are off RLC unless requested by the original poster , or unless myself or toolmaker give permission 

Well if you delete all the negative fan comments from the so called "Fan" pages you would not have very many comments left.

To delete all negative comments would be pointless really as no one is then able to give any opinion on the tennants unless it is a positive one which is then going into the realms of bias, as not being able to give an honest point of view unless it is in their favour is somewhat un-democratic and straying into dictatorship.

Yes i suppose you can start new threads under varying headings but then in time you would have so many bloody headings and topics the whole thing becomes so disjointed you would lose the whole story and history of the tennant.

So why not just leave the whole thing alone and if anyone wants to give a moan or something in a "FAN" page so what? 

We are going  NOT to take the time to delete all the negative comments from the beginning of time; that would take more time and effort than it's worth. 

WHAT WE ARE going to do is monitor, delete and reprimand present and future negative comments; be they concerning the tenants and MORE importantly,  derogatory comments directed at RealLifeCamFan.com members. BE fully aware that you will receive a warning for each comment(s) directed specifically at members and after 3 warnings, ADMIN will get a report and it might lead to a full-on banishment from the forum.

WHY do you feel it necessary to bash the tenants anyways? IF they do things you dislike kindly keep it to yourself, why is it so important to you to make everyone aware of your discontent?.........Doesn't this just lead to more comments of discontent and dislikes? HOW bout we just keep it all on the positive?

BTR has made this ruling; NOW we must follow it!

Let me get this straight as Iam not real smart.  Posts are only to reflect the positive comments.  I agree that any real bashing of the tenants or RLCF  members should be removed.  A lot of comments are made in Jest in  the forums, but not all catch the humor.  If I comment  on a person who has big tits(and they do have big tits) is that a negative comment?  What if a comment is true(I saw so and so picking his /her nose all day).  RLC is supposed to be Real life.  As we all know real life is not all positive.  So a forum about RLC should be real also.  I do trust the moderators judgement in these areas but Hope It does not get out of hand.  In an attempt to make the forums more fun they may become a lot more boring as well.

If suggest, ^-^if I have the right to suggest something :)) , the fan pages to be exclusive for the positive issues about the tenants and in case a member needs to say anything else he/she might use the other pages or even to create their own topics for open discussions..  O:-)

YEPPERS, and it's to the Moderators desecration whether the topics remain.

We are going  NOT to take the time to delete all the negative comments from the beginning of time; that would take more time and effort than it's worth. 

WHAT WE ARE going to do is monitor, delete and reprimand present and future negative comments; be they concerning the tenants and MORE importantly,  derogatory comments directed at RealLifeCamFan.com members. BE fully aware that you will receive a warning for each comment(s) directed specifically at members and after 3 warnings, ADMIN will get a report and it might lead to a full-on banishment from the forum.

WHY do you feel it necessary to bash the tenants anyways? IF they do things you dislike kindly keep it to yourself, why is it so important to you to make everyone aware of your discontent?.........Doesn't this just lead to more comments of discontent and dislikes? HOW bout we just keep it all on the positive?

BTR has made this ruling; NOW we must follow it!

Come on tool you aren't going hypocritical on us are you?

Don't you ever say anything on the negative side about tennants? of course you do so stop getting all high and mighty on this subject.

For instance almost everyone posts negative comments on Pauls boogers etc so is this not allowed now?

So come on and stop talking a load of bollocks ain't you ever heard of free speech in the land of the free or is it banned there now lol.

I never talk about Paul's booger's infact I am about the only one who sticks up for paul maybe I do stick up for him a little too much but someone has to lol

In all cases, reveling the reality of Paul is not something bad I guess. It's something very clear to everyone here.. 

Well if you delete all the negative fan comments from the so called "Fan" pages you would not have very many comments left.

To delete all negative comments would be pointless really as no one is then able to give any opinion on the tennants unless it is a positive one which is then going into the realms of bias, as not being able to give an honest point of view unless it is in their favour is somewhat un-democratic and straying into dictatorship.

Yes i suppose you can start new threads under varying headings but then in time you would have so many bloody headings and topics the whole thing becomes so disjointed you would lose the whole story and history of the tennant.

So why not just leave the whole thing alone and if anyone wants to give a moan or something in a "FAN" page so what? 

A well worded concise response, I attempted to make the same points a couple weeks ago. The thread ought to be overall a fair representation of the person or couple.

All derogatory comments directed at RealLifeCamFan.com members plus those about tenants unless fair because of a very significant negative action rightly should be moderated and removed.

This notion/policy of the Post's in Fan pages only being positive in their tone, 'or they will be removed', in my opinion is unworkable & is also giving the Mods a shed load of work to do.

It is a forum and therefore people will have a different viewpoints, some will be positive, some negative. I am not asking for a free-for all and agree that some comments should be removed, e.g. ' Elvis is a ****!' '.

But if someone has an opinion on Elvis and wants to open up the subject for debate then surely that's a good thing?

Maybe we need to look at changing the name of the 'Fan pages' to something else, as 'Fan' suggests 'supporter'?

If we are expecting this forum to be all rainbows & unicorns and neutralised then it will become as dull as dishwater.

This notion/policy of the Post's in Fan pages only being positive in their tone, 'or they will be removed', in my opinion is unworkable & is also giving the Mods a shed load of work to do.

It is a forum and therefore people will have a different viewpoints, some will be positive, some negative. I am not asking for a free-for all and agree that some comments should be removed, e.g. ' Elvis is a ****!' '.

But if someone has an opinion on Elvis and wants to open up the subject for debate then surely that's a good thing?

Maybe we need to look at changing the name of the 'Fan pages' to something else, as 'Fan' suggests 'supporter'?

If we are expecting this forum to be all rainbows & unicorns and neutralised then it will become as dull as dishwater.

Quite agree, some people sure seem to have got their nickers in a twist for some reason.

Censorship is the start of a slippery slope.

The fan pages are just topics with nice comments and pictures about the subject. If you want to debate then you are free to start your brand spanking new topic in any forum. That not against the rules right? So why debate in the fan topic and mess up the atmosphere in there when you can have your very own debate topic in the same forum?