The cameras are massive

Twilightning

Was chatting with a member who said another member told him that there can be a maximum of only ten cams in each apartment.  Now I'm curious why that is.  Obviously I'm not in the know.  Anybody know?  My concern is why a two story apartment with so many hidey holes?  ???

Was chatting with a member who said another member told him that there can be a maximum of only ten cams in each apartment.  Now I'm curious why that is.  Obviously I'm not in the know.  Anybody know?  My concern is why a two story apartment with so many hidey holes?  ???

I guess it could be because of the traffic, which the cams are constantly generating. I do not know which kind of internet line the have, but the traffic have to be kinda high. More than 10 cams could be lead to some laggs I assume.

Thanks for the input Crap87.  Since perhaps there is a lot of cam usage with the existing ten, then perhaps install a second system for a wider range of coverage?  Ignore me, I'm totally ignorant when it comes to electronics.   ???

Well, I do not know, how this is handled in the Russia, Spain, Italy (the counrtries where I guess the app. were). May they have some flat rate or may (as it is possible in my country) you can chose to pay a special amount of traffic.

Apart from this they need to handle the traffic on their site or to be precise on their server. Because of the different locations of the app, I reckon they (RLC) just rent some space on local data centers. As far as I know you often have to pay for the traffic additonal, besides the rented space. So it should be a matter of money.

Well, I'm not a professional neither. Just got a little into this topic. And I'm sorry for my bad Englisch, it is not my first language. ^-^