A message to members mainly newbies

Rob1

It is 30 posts now and when you reach that magical number you become hero member and get to see the gallery

I agree with having some rules but 30 seems high to me. I have been here just two day and maybe posted twice. I don't like to shit post but post in the chat area on a regular basis. 

I agree with having some rules but 30 seems high to me. I have been here just two day and maybe posted twice. I don't like to shit post but post in the chat area on a regular basis. 

NO One is forcing you to become an active member of RealLifeCamFan.com,  You came here of your own free will in the first place!

BUT if you are going to continue to participate within the forum, YOU will be asked to follow the rules set forth by the owners and the Administrators of the site. AND the Moderators have the authority to uphold the rules.

Others have willingly done so without COMPLAINTS.

WE will not tolerate belligerency and defamation to anyone on the forum and that includes those that make the rules.

Please refrain from any derogatory comments in the future.

NO One is forcing you to become an active member of RealLifeCamFan.com,  You came here of your own free will in the first place!

BUT if you are going to continue to participate within the forum, YOU will be asked to follow the rules set forth by the owners and the Administrators of the site. AND the Moderators have the authority to uphold the rules.

Others have willingly done so without COMPLAINTS.

WE will not tolerate belligerency and defamation to anyone on the forum and that includes those that make the rules.

Please refrain from any derogatory comments in the future.

Wow...really..??  I simply made a statement, not an complaint. I have followed all the rules and have been nothing but courteous to everyone. I dare say your comments are straight up bully remarks that are totally unwarranted.

Wow...really..??  I simply made a statement, not an complaint. I have followed all the rules and have been nothing but courteous to everyone. I dare say your comments are straight up bully remarks that are totally unwarranted.

MY comments are in NO way 'bully' remarks. Merely stating that the rules are in effect and will be as such. My reply was NOT directed specifically to you, BUT anyone within the forum questioning the rules posted BY Admin. 

If you make relevant, intelligent comments and post interesting photos and videos, the chances of being promoted to Hero member before the 30  required are very good.

Ascertaining by your comments to other topics, you could be well on your ways. 

MY comments are in NO way 'bully' remarks. Merely stating that the rules are in effect and will be as such. My reply was NOT directed specifically to you, BUT anyone within the forum questioning the rules posted BY Admin. 

If you make relevant, intelligent comments and post interesting photos and videos, the chances of being promoted to Hero member before the 30  required are very good.

Ascertaining by your comments to other topics, you could be well on your ways. 

I appreciate your answer and understand. Thanks!

I'm new, but I feel like one word posts should not immediately reset the count to 0. just make them not count or if someone has like 3-5 one word posts then reset the count

That doesn't change the fact that the Administrator of RealLifeCamFan.com forum made the rules and the Moderators are asked to enforce those rules. 

Since they made the rules, whether you like them or not, (resetting the counters) for One worded posts and redundant, non-intelligent comments will remain in effect until the Administrators see fit to change the rules.

REMINDER: The soul purpose of the rule was to try to get a more active life forms posting intelligent, relevant opinions to the forum......posts like, "NICE", THANKS, "WOW'  and other crapola takes little to no forethought and actually appears your only trying to rapidly get 30 posts on the boards to gain access to the gallery to collect the arts of conscientious members of the forum. I'm sure they don't appreciate your taking advantage of their hard work, just so you can pound yer pud to them.

WE will not tolerate 'collectors' ! IF that is your goal, please move on to the tube sites;

The Moderators keep a watchful eye out for those derelicts.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As you can see I'm another new member to this site. I'm not shy with my opinion and I don't think I will  have any problems getting to 25, or 30 post, which ever is needed.

What I have been thinking until reading this forum is that I had a limited amount of times I could post. 

A message would pop up about me having a certain amount of post left and it would have a time of day with it. I have been holding back so I didn't post too many and have to sit out until the time limit arrived...So I guess I had that wrong? 

Another thing I'm not sure of is, I reached my limit on the number of times I can "Like"  postings.

Is that because I am new?

Or maybe because I haven't reached the, "Magic", number of postings yet?

Or maybe they don't want everyone to, "Like",  with reckless abandonment?

There would be "Likes" everywhere you look... good post would have page after page of "likes",  people would be giving away "likes",  like candy, even for only mediocre comments... it would be soon be total pandemonium.....

And having to send thank you messages to so many would take a long time...

OK, I'll stop now, I think I got carried away... 

What other privileges do you get when you reach the magic number? I already get to see the gallery, is there more?   

As you can see I'm another new member to this site. I'm not shy with my opinion and I don't think I will  have any problems getting to 25, or 30 post, which ever is needed.

What I have been thinking until reading this forum is that I had a limited amount of times I could post. 

A message would pop up about me having a certain amount of post left and it would have a time of day with it. I have been holding back so I didn't post too many and have to sit out until the time limit arrived...So I guess I had that wrong? 

Another thing I'm not sure of is, I reached my limit on the number of times I can "Like"  postings.

Is that because I am new?

Or maybe because I haven't reached the, "Magic", number of postings yet?

Or maybe they don't want everyone to, "Like",  with reckless abandonment?

There would be "Likes" everywhere you look... good post would have page after page of "likes",  people would be giving away "likes",  like candy, even for only mediocre comments... it would be soon be total pandemonium.....

And having to send thank you messages to so many would take a long time...

OK, I'll stop now, I think I got carried away... 

What other privileges do you get when you reach the magic number? I already get to see the gallery, is there more?   

I wish I could tell you, you'd get a shiny new car; OR even an old beat up wreck, BUT that's not the case. Gaining access to the gallery is about all the forum offers as reward for making the quota of comments and posts. WHAT You definitely do get is all the friendly members of RealLifeCamFan.com as friends for life and new material as it becomes available.

Welcome to the forum and please continue to join us in the adventures.

I wish I could tell you, you'd get a shiny new car; OR even an old beat up wreck, BUT that's not the case. Gaining access to the gallery is about all the forum offers as reward for making the quota of comments and posts. WHAT You definitely do get is all the friendly members of RealLifeCamFan.com as friends for life and new material as it becomes available.

Welcome to the forum and please continue to join us in the adventures.

I am new as well and shared a number of the same issues as BMONTY40. As a new user you do not want to look like a know-it-all and post all over the place just to get to the next level. What I did realize pretty quickly is there are lots of discussions/comments from long-time users relating to current residents when they were in different apartments in the past and it makes it difficult to participate in those discussions without reading all of the past forums, which takes a really long time. I look forward to catching up and trying to make informed comments without offending (at least too much) what others have said because everyone is entitled to their opinion. I am disappointed I won't qualify for a shiny new car though.

I am new as well and shared a number of the same issues as BMONTY40. As a new user you do not want to look like a know-it-all and post all over the place just to get to the next level. What I did realize pretty quickly is there are lots of discussions/comments from long-time users relating to current residents when they were in different apartments in the past and it makes it difficult to participate in those discussions without reading all of the past forums, which takes a really long time. I look forward to catching up and trying to make informed comments without offending (at least too much) what others have said because everyone is entitled to their opinion. I am disappointed I won't qualify for a shiny new car though. 

" We'd like to; it's just not in the budget"