Economies button

CowArt

LOL StnCld, Admin ?? who, when why or what. Do they exist. A reply from Admin is like like ringing God, As a Moderator I even have not got a reply from them . I wonder if any one has ever had a reply from them, I am interested to hear if that is so.  Put your POSTS in this link .

I am still working on it, but the idea behind it is that there will be a virtual currency "credits" that will enable people to "buy" and trade digital items. You might have also noticed the new "Downloads" section where you can upload items and "sell" them for credits. When it is fully implemented it will function like a virtual economy where the more you share, the more you earn, which will enable you to "buy" more items from other people.  A key benefit of this is that in order to "buy" items you must have credits, which eliminates "freeloaders" , and gives the uploader a direct reward for sharing. This will be an optional thing for those who want to use it.  My plan is to add some virtual gift cards to the "market" so that you can trade your credits for real money, and/or add exclusive content that can be "purchased" with credits. 

4 hours ago, Admin said:

I am still working on it, but the idea behind it is that there will be a virtual currency "credits" that will enable people to "buy" and trade digital items. You might have also noticed the new "Downloads" section where you can upload items and "sell" them for credits. When it is fully implemented it will function like a virtual economy where the more you share, the more you earn, which will enable you to "buy" more items from other people.  A key benefit of this is that in order to "buy" items you must have credits, which eliminates "freeloaders" , and gives the uploader a direct reward for sharing. This will be an optional thing for those who want to use it.  My plan is to add some virtual gift cards to the "market" so that you can trade your credits for real money, and/or add exclusive content that can be "purchased" with credits. 

Thank You Admin for the Clarification.

Okay @Admin, thanks for the info. I'm interested to see how this will work when it's fully implemented.

Not entirely sure this will be a big hit. On this forum, you would expect the stuff that gets put up for sharing/selling for credit are the pics and vids. We already have the gallery for that. I don't see how this will lead to more sharing, I think the people willing to share are already doing that, and that the possibility of earning "credits" for your sharing won't be a big motivator for people to share more.

But, to be honest, I am always against all changes at first. Didn't like the new forum format at first either, but don't want to go back to the old one now.

36 minutes ago, CowArt said:

But, to be honest, I am always against all changes at first. Didn't like the new forum format at first either, but don't want to go back to the old one now.

OT I know - I've forgotten what the forum used to look like but I really do miss the Chat Room archive. The ' load more ' is very frustrating because as soon as a new post is made all the older posts loaded are lost.

Thank you Admin for the explanation  re Economies tab.  It did have a lot of people wondering. Perhaps the explanation would have been better served to have been posted when the new Tab appeared. Just a thought and for future reference .   Cheers  texl01

8 hours ago, delta10 said:

OT I know - I've forgotten what the forum used to look like but I really do miss the Chat Room archive. The ' load more ' is very frustrating because as soon as a new post is made all the older posts loaded are lost.

The previous Shoubox doesn't work with the current version of the forum software. I  am exploring options for a full featured chat program, but that likely won't have the archive feature that you are referring to. 

2 hours ago, texl01 said:

Thank you Admin for the explanation  re Economies tab.  It did have a lot of people wondering. Perhaps the explanation would have been better served to have been posted when the new Tab appeared. Just a thought and for future reference .   Cheers  texl01

My plan was to make an official announcement when it was ready to go live.  I am waiting on approval from our payment processor before doing anything more with it, and they need to see a live version in order to make a determination.