Slow rlc site

PeterGrey

Is it just me or did the RLC site change after they presented R2?

I noticed it first with the cams at R2, they were slow to load when changing cameras and 50% of the time they're just spinning. You have to pick another apt to get the picture "back". It's now like this with all apts.
Maybe it's just a new feature for us freeloaders :P

I had not made a connection to the opening of R2 but too have found RLC slow since at least Friday. Like you when changing camera either the connection link takes a long time or it fails completely.

Until your post I have seen no comments so thought either my system, my ISP, a change by RLC making the site less compatible with my software ( I run Linux not Windows ) or, like your thought, a restriction on freeloaders. The latter would be illogical for attracting new paying members given RLC is the local equivalent $45/month not much less so not a ' throwaway ' amount.

As I posted earlier elsewhere IMO RLC would get a better business return from fewer apartments but paying higher fees to  more committed and interesting tenants.

I can never get a continuous view of VHTV for even a few minutes hence no chance of considering subscribing.

My internet speed is normally 5-6Mb/s. I presume this is more than adequate for a single stream like for RLC even now once I do get a connection. RLC falls over only if a high level of activity / most likely a larger than typical number of viewers.

For me the connection issue is not just R2 or any other specific apartment but all of RLC.

Since R2 is new I would expect RLC to have put in new cameras with relatively good low light performance. I have presumed that since the girls are sleeping / dozing so much they don't have the main room lights on. Looking now there is no obvious shadow below the table.

19 hours ago, delta10 said:

For me the connection issue is not just R2 or any other specific apartment but all of RLC.

Yep ok, but his post was the first with same sort of problem I noticed.

Thought maybe this could be a traffic issue but it's much the same morning and evening from what I can tell.

For me neither the time of day nor if relatively there are likely to be a lot of viewers on or trying to connect to a specific camera seems relevant so likewise it doesn't seem related to traffic.

Rather the addition of R2 and the 19 cameras has overloaded the process that connects a viewer to a camera. If so back to my comment about less quantity and more quality.