The "Hidden" Watermark

Vizer

So I had a streak of the tenants today :D

First it was Efim and his GF, then Adriana and Daniel, then Leora and Paul and at this moment Carla and Mario are going at it.

Wanted to share some of my captures with you guys. Just wondering what the so called "Hidden Watermark". I see the ID tag sitting there so I just didn't capture that bit, but you guys know anything about that? I see everyone is sharing vids, just wanted to know if there was something to be run before posting them on here.

its not just id in bottom left hand corner ..it also the white bubble dots that run across the screen about every 30 seconds to a minuet .those

bubble dots are a bar code with your details in witch are unique to your acount . if your not a subscriber to rlc and only watch the free cams. then you dont have to worry

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

See

and for articles about how to use Photoshop to insert hidden messages into images and the messages can survive modifications of the images. Sure, they would not use Photoshop to watermark every image of the videos but they certainly could develop software that does it automatically.

See  for an abstract of a technical article about techniques to write software to  do it. If you don't know who IEEE is then just understand that most knowledgeable electronics experts are members and they are also software experts. See for a less technical article on the subject.

So we must assume they can hide information in the images that we can't see or find and can't remove. It might be that not all that is true but we cannot be sure. One of the fundamental concepts of cryptography is to avoid letting others know what you can do.

On ‎2017‎-‎08‎-‎02 at 6:38 PM, Sam Cuddly said:

See

and for articles about how to use Photoshop to insert hidden messages into images and the messages can survive modifications of the images. Sure, they would not use Photoshop to watermark every image of the videos but they certainly could develop software that does it automatically.

See  for an abstract of a technical article about techniques to write software to  do it. If you don't know who IEEE is then just understand that most knowledgeable electronics experts are members and they are also software experts. See for a less technical article on the subject.

So we must assume they can hide information in the images that we can't see or find and can't remove. It might be that not all that is true but we cannot be sure. One of the fundamental concepts of cryptography is to avoid letting others know what you can do.

The Watermarks are only part of the Web Player that RLC uses on their Site. That's what produces the Watermarks. Behind that Web Player is a RAW Image. If you have the right Software it records the RAW Image of that Video Stream. You may see flashing dots and watermarks while watching what you record but when the recording is done watch the Video closely you won't see any watermarks or flashing dots. The only thing you see is the Clock in the Top Left Corner and the Sites Logo in the Bottom Right Corner and the Video created. Everything else is not present such as the 5 or 7 digit Code in the Bottom Left Corner of the Screen. That 5 or 7 Digit Code you get is on a Cookie that RLC deposits on your Computer or Device. A 5 Digit Code tells you are a Member of RLC when you are Logged into their Site. A 7 Digit Code is used by what RLC calls Freeloaders.

Yes, I know that if we delete the cookie in our system then the code we see changes. I also know that cookies are sent to the server.

Also note that there are more than a dozen other ways for websites to determine who you are, as in

. They might change the code stored in the cookie but they might still know who you are. Marketing people track who you are and they have learned how to do it without cookies to provide us a false sense of security.

It is entirely possible for them to have some other mechanism to identify us and they probably do, even if it is just for marketing purposes. If you read the articles I referred to you will see that an image might appear raw but can in fact have hidden information. Large websites have spent a lot of money to many very knowledgeable experts to develop ways to market us, much of it is done without our knowledge. If you look at the source code for websites, many of them have a huge amount of code in them. HUGE! I once wanted to read what a web page said but they wanted me to first register. I looked at the HTML and I was amazed at how much code there was. When I found the actual content it was trying to protect it amazed me that it was just a sentence or two, not much more than the heading. Obviously the majority of their cost was for the marketing of content, not the content. And RLC could benefit from the software, even if it is used in ways that the software was not initially developed for.

I might be totally wrong about what RLC does and you could be totally correct except I truly believe we can't be sure. Go ahead and assume you know but for all others, you can't be sure.

• 2 months later...

All i can say guys is that if paying menbers want to get banned then go ahead and post stuff, be it on your own head.

I have been banned twice from RLC a year or so ago the second time was within minutes of posting so be warned.

I have not used RLC since and to be honest have not missed all their crap anyway, VHTV is much better and cheaper and they allow you to post stuff on here. You don't have to pay extra for viewing archives either so its a win win for me.