Cams, cables and servers

ztmsl

1)

I am rather impressed by how thoroughly all the cables involved in the cams are removed from sight. Surely every cam needs a power cable and probably a data cable too (or by wi-fi). Almost nowhere is there any cable visible.  The same goes for power plugs.

Not only does that mean an excellent job of the electricians/carpenters team behind RLC :-) but it is also a sign of a long term investment in every apartment. It is not a quick job of installing some cheap webcams with an usb-cable.

2)

Would I be correct by assuming that every apartment needs a small network server to channel all the data to the central RLC servers? Somewhere out of view of the cams, of course, probably in a cupboard.

• 2 weeks later...

1) Or may be the cam are just linked to the server via wifi, no?

2) May be not a server. I'm not a pro but I guess that all they need to do is to bring the signal once to their own server somewhere in the world and from there dispatch it to every user. But that's an interesting question nonetheless

• 3 months later...
On ‎28‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 0:37 AM, ztmsl said:

1)

I am rather impressed by how thoroughly all the cables involved in the cams are removed from sight. Surely every cam needs a power cable and probably a data cable too (or by wi-fi). Almost nowhere is there any cable visible.  The same goes for power plugs.

Not only does that mean an excellent job of the electricians/carpenters team behind RLC :-) but it is also a sign of a long term investment in every apartment. It is not a quick job of installing some cheap webcams with an usb-cable.

2)

Would I be correct by assuming that every apartment needs a small network server to channel all the data to the central RLC servers? Somewhere out of view of the cams, of course, probably in a cupboard.

I think they use "PoE" power over ethernet which allows to deliver power and network connection over one cable. also a cable or fiber router should be in every appartement to sustain the necessary feed.

• 6 months later...
13 hours ago, Sam Cuddly said:

I can't find any cameras in RealLifeCam, but I only see the free cameras. The cameras I see are positioned so that no other camera sees it.

With the free cams you can see cam 19.11 from cam 19.1 (Stesha and Marco) when the door to the bedroom is open. 

On 4-8-2017 at 9:49 AM, Sam Cuddly said:

I can't find any cameras in RealLifeCam, but I only see the free cameras. The cameras I see are positioned so that no other camera sees it.

On the paid cameras there are a couple of cameras that can be seen. For example on Z&L cam #5, you can see camera #6 in the mirror. On N&K camera #5 you can see camera #6 in the mirror. In B1, on the free cameras #1 and #2, you can see the cables running past the balcony door.

• 7 months later...

Create an account to see this content!

Think carefully before subscribing to VHTV ;)
Bad placement of cameras, absent sounds and / or very bad qualities, cables that hang, architecture and design of the VHTV website dated at minimum 10 old years age, replays always malfunction(if u stay on the same cam for more than 6/7mn the replay drop automaticaly of 1or 2mn each 6/7 mn), archival videos too difficult to search for old apartments...etc etc...