stevo2112

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Tech department recommends a speed of 5 Mbts or better for comfortable viewing.

Where I live I don't have that.    

I did make the point that even when my connection speeds are slow other sites and most of the cameras still behave acceptably.    If it was my speed that causes the extra slowness would not the display on my system of all of the cameras be affected equally?

It is the most popular cameras that become impossible to watch.     This suggests to me that it is the feed from the most popular cameras at the most popular times that is slow.     

Tech response suggests one of:

I don't understand either the problem or their suggestion properly

at times the feed from the most popular cams is slowed by lack of bandwidth but they have not got a solution at the moment

they don't give a rat's arse

8 hours ago, iloner said:

Tech department recommends a speed of 5 Mbts or better for comfortable viewing.

Where I live I don't have that.    

I did make the point that even when my connection speeds are slow other sites and most of the cameras still behave acceptably.    If it was my speed that causes the extra slowness would not the display on my system of all of the cameras be affected equally?

It is the most popular cameras that become impossible to watch.     This suggests to me that it is the feed from the most popular cameras at the most popular times that is slow.     

Tech response suggests one of:

I don't understand either the problem or their suggestion properly

at times the feed from the most popular cams is slowed by lack of bandwidth but they have not got a solution at the moment

they don't give a rat's arse

Each Apartment likely has an Certain Allotment of Bandwidth.  When that Allotment is Exceeded then the Apartment Feed becomes a Buffering Issue for everyone trying to view it.

RLC is not the only site with buffering issues. Most of the other Voyeur Sites have the same issues.

Edited by StnCld316

14 hours ago, StnCld316 said:

Each Apartment likely has an Certain Allotment of Bandwidth.  When that Allotment is Exceeded then the Apartment Feed becomes a Buffering Issue for everyone trying to view it.

RLC is not the only site with buffering issues. Most of the other Voyeur Sites have the same issues.

Thanks StnCld.   Now I know I'm out of my depth!

I'm sure if they could give us a better feed on those popular occasions they would.    For those of us in Mbits poverty regular interruption on the most viewable occasions is a turn-off.

RLC have been great at giving us more cameras, 1020p etc. but maybe there was a trade-off.   

15 hours ago, iloner said:

I'm sure if they could give us a better feed on those popular occasions they would.    For those of us in Mbits poverty regular interruption on the most viewable occasions is a turn-off.

RLC have been great at giving us more cameras, 1020p etc. but maybe there was a trade-off.   

The higher the Pixels the more Bandwidth is consumed.  720p or 1080p most users can't actually tell a difference between the Two on a Standard Computer Monitor.  I believe RLC uses 1080p but if they took it back to 720p it would make a big difference on the Bandwidth with less buffering.

On 9/22/2018 at 1:46 PM, iloner said:

For me the only apartment that seems to be struggling regularly is B4, especially between 20:00 and 22:00 local time. But it is the apartment with the most (37) cameras.

12 hours ago, StnCld316 said:

The higher the Pixels the more Bandwidth is consumed.  720p or 1080p most users can't actually tell a difference between the Two on a Standard Computer Monitor.  I believe RLC uses 1080p but if they took it back to 720p it would make a big difference on the Bandwidth with less buffering.

Yes, RLC upgraded most of it's cameras to 1080p in 2017. Some 720p cameras still remain, mostly hallway and balcony cams (Eva, Adeline) and Desiree's bathroom.

The bandwidth is not only affected by the picture quality, but also by what's happening in front of the camera. In normal daylight, full color on a 1080p camera, the stream I receive is on average somewhere between 70 and 80 KB/s in an empty room. With a lot of motion close to the camera (mostly notable on the camera at B2 and B4 at the foot of the beds in the big bedrooms) I get incoming streams of well over 1MB/s, with peaks up to 2MB/s. Imagine what that does to the upstream from B4, when seven girls start walking around in front of the cameras in multiple rooms, with multiple cameras each.

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, Pleasant said:

Is anyone else having problems in the last couple of days? The picture is taking a lot longer to load, and the thumbnails are often blank, with just the name of the apartment. Don't normally have this problem.

I'm having the exact same problem, I expected more reports with the same problem