Jump to content

stevo2112
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Tech department recommends a speed of 5 Mbts or better for comfortable viewing.

Where I live I don't have that.    

I did make the point that even when my connection speeds are slow other sites and most of the cameras still behave acceptably.    If it was my speed that causes the extra slowness would not the display on my system of all of the cameras be affected equally?

It is the most popular cameras that become impossible to watch.     This suggests to me that it is the feed from the most popular cameras at the most popular times that is slow.     

Tech response suggests one of:

             I don't understand either the problem or their suggestion properly

             at times the feed from the most popular cams is slowed by lack of bandwidth but they have not got a solution at the moment

             they don't give a rat's arse

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, iloner said:

Tech department recommends a speed of 5 Mbts or better for comfortable viewing.

Where I live I don't have that.    

I did make the point that even when my connection speeds are slow other sites and most of the cameras still behave acceptably.    If it was my speed that causes the extra slowness would not the display on my system of all of the cameras be affected equally?

It is the most popular cameras that become impossible to watch.     This suggests to me that it is the feed from the most popular cameras at the most popular times that is slow.     

Tech response suggests one of:

             I don't understand either the problem or their suggestion properly

             at times the feed from the most popular cams is slowed by lack of bandwidth but they have not got a solution at the moment

             they don't give a rat's arse

 

 

Each Apartment likely has an Certain Allotment of Bandwidth.  When that Allotment is Exceeded then the Apartment Feed becomes a Buffering Issue for everyone trying to view it.

RLC is not the only site with buffering issues. Most of the other Voyeur Sites have the same issues.

Edited by StnCld316
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, StnCld316 said:

Each Apartment likely has an Certain Allotment of Bandwidth.  When that Allotment is Exceeded then the Apartment Feed becomes a Buffering Issue for everyone trying to view it.

RLC is not the only site with buffering issues. Most of the other Voyeur Sites have the same issues.

Thanks StnCld.   Now I know I'm out of my depth!

I'm sure if they could give us a better feed on those popular occasions they would.    For those of us in Mbits poverty regular interruption on the most viewable occasions is a turn-off.

RLC have been great at giving us more cameras, 1020p etc. but maybe there was a trade-off.   

 

  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, iloner said:

Thanks StnCld.   Now I know I'm out of my depth!

I'm sure if they could give us a better feed on those popular occasions they would.    For those of us in Mbits poverty regular interruption on the most viewable occasions is a turn-off.

RLC have been great at giving us more cameras, 1020p etc. but maybe there was a trade-off.   

 

  

The higher the Pixels the more Bandwidth is consumed.  720p or 1080p most users can't actually tell a difference between the Two on a Standard Computer Monitor.  I believe RLC uses 1080p but if they took it back to 720p it would make a big difference on the Bandwidth with less buffering.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...