Making the list of realms in the left scrollable

With the number of apartments (realms) getting bigger and the list getting longer it is now necessary to scroll the entire page down to get to the realms lower in the list, such as Misty. I was thinking (I do that sometimes) and I realized it would help for the list to be scrollable. So I researched that and discovered it is easy. Someone might suggest that to Voyeur House TV management but I hear they don't listen. So you can make the modification yourself using a browser extension. It works for me in Firefox and it should work in Chrome and Edge but I have not tested them yet.

Begin by creating a folder someplace for the extension. Call it whatever you want but VHTVscrollrealms is a good choice. Then use a text editor (Notepad or whatever) to create two files with the following names:

• manifest.json
  • VHTVscrollrealms.css

The contents of manifest.json are:

{
  "name": "Voyeur House TV Scrollable Realms",
  "description": "Changes the list of realms on the left to be scrollable",
  "version": "1.0alpha1",
  "manifest_version": 2,
  "author": "Visitor VoyeurHouse",
  "permissions": [
    "activeTab",
    "tabs",
    "https://voyeur-house.tv/*"
  ],
  "applications": {
    "gecko": {
      "id": "[email protected]"
    }
  },
  "content_scripts": [
    {
      "matches": [
      ],
      "css": [
        "VHTVscrollrealms.css"
      ]
    }
  ]
}

The contents of VHTVscrollrealms.css are:

.vue-render {
    overflow-y: auto;
	height: 600px;
}

The manifest says that the extension applies only to voyeur-house.tv. The extension consists entirely of the contents of VHTVscrollrealms.css. That file injects a little CSS that makes the relevant portion of the page limited to 600 pixels in height and makes it automatically scrollable.

To install the extension type "about:Debugging" into the address bar and go there. In the upper-right there should be a "Load Temporary Add-on" button. Click it then browse to where you put the files and select the manifest.json file. You will need to load it each time you start Firefox; the extension will not be automatically reloaded. I think that is all you need to do but there might be an option somewhere that I have forgotten about. If you are able to get it working then you can at least try using the capability to scroll that list.

It is possible to get the extension to load permanently but it requires doing something such as submitting the extension to the store.

1 hour ago, Sam Cuddly said:

With the number of apartments (realms) getting bigger and the list getting longer it is now necessary to scroll the entire page down to get to the realms lower in the list, such as Misty. I was thinking (I do that sometimes) and I realized it would help for the list to be scrollable. So I researched that and discovered it is easy. Someone might suggest that to Voyeur House TV management but I hear they don't listen. So you can make the modification yourself using a browser extension. It works for me in Firefox and it should work in Chrome and Edge but I have not tested them yet.

Begin by creating a folder someplace for the extension. Call it whatever you want but VHTVscrollrealms is a good choice. Then use a text editor (Notepad or whatever) to create two files with the following names:

• manifest.json
  • VHTVscrollrealms.css

The contents of manifest.json are:

{
  "name": "Voyeur House TV Scrollable Realms",
  "description": "Changes the list of realms on the left to be scrollable",
  "version": "1.0alpha1",
  "manifest_version": 2,
  "author": "Visitor VoyeurHouse",
  "permissions": [
    "activeTab",
    "tabs",
  ],
  "applications": {
    "gecko": {
      "id": "[email protected]"
    }
  },
  "content_scripts": [
    {
      "matches": [
      ],
      "css": [
        "VHTVscrollrealms.css"
      ]
    }
  ]
}

The contents of VHTVscrollrealms.css are:

.vue-render {
    overflow-y: auto;
	height: 600px;
}

The manifest says that the extension applies only to voyeur-house.tv. The extension consists entirely of the contents of VHTVscrollrealms.css. That file injects a little CSS that makes the relevant portion of the page limited to 600 pixels in height and makes it automatically scrollable.

To install the extension type "about:Debugging" into the address bar and go there. In the upper-right there should be a "Load Temporary Add-on" button. Click it then browse to where you put the files and select the manifest.json file. You will need to load it each time you start Firefox; the extension will not be automatically reloaded. I think that is all you need to do but there might be an option somewhere that I have forgotten about. If you are able to get it working then you can at least try using the capability to scroll that list.

It is possible to get the extension to load permanently but it requires doing something such as submitting the extension to the store.

Contact VHTV Support and make the suggestion to them.  They always say they want Customer Feedback.

• 3 months later...
On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 10:00 PM, Rudi said:

Having an option where you can hide the ones you don't watch would be good idea for both RLC and VHtv, some apartments in my opinion are just a waste of space. 

Contact the Support Departments and make the suggestions.  It doesn't hurt to let them know. The worst they can do is not respond back.

• 10 months later...
On 2/24/2018 at 10:46 PM, StnCld316 said:

Contact VHTV Support and make the suggestion to them.  They always say they want Customer Feedback.

When they were new (when I first saw the site) I sent the suggestion to move the list of rooms to the left side next to the list of realms. They responded but ignored it. So I won't bother to try making suggestions.

It definitely is much more convenient  to have the list of rooms next to the list of realms.

On 6/6/2018 at 7:00 PM, Rudi said:

Having an option where you can hide the ones you don't watch would be good idea for both RLC and VHtv, some apartments in my opinion are just a waste of space. 

It should be easy to just make your own HTML page for use by yourself locally that only links to the realms and rooms you want to see. Something like the following.

That is not as convenient as we would like but it works.