Bad Obsession

Plank

;D  can a voyeur be a good guy? ???

sure they can .all voyuers are good guys its there actions after the fact that makes them one of the previous groups mentioned earlier 

As long as you voyeur on sites like RLC, where the "victims" has approved on being spied upon, I can see no harm in it. If you on the other hand lie around in the bushes in your neighbourhood, wanking to whatever you see through the windows I'm not as certain. ;)

some one always has to upset the apple cart..

and of all the guys on hear it had to be bobz lol

you are a very noughty boy ..

i dont think i have ever seen anything nice you have sed to any body on hear  is it in your nature to disbelieve every one on here?

i am not having a go at you but try being nice to people....and you will feel a lot better for it maybe or maybe not but it wont hurt you

to try  sorry plank i know its nothing to do with this topic but had to say it

It is a real shame that some folks have taken my post so seriously and so personally.
My post was a purely hypothetical following my observations of the Shoutbox. I thought it was written with a certain amount of humour & pathos.
We all have our favourite tenants,past & present, and I was not referring solely to fans of K & K, but to anyone who might take more than an 'interest' in one person, or group. or apartment.
However seeing as someone has been made a comment in my direction,and eventhough I respect everyone's opinion,I feel it's only fair to give a response.

And seeing as the subject of Sigmund Freud was raised. I wondered what would the 'father of psychoanalysis' have thought of that response to my post?

Now I would have called it an 'admission of guilt'.Freud would have called it 'Projection'.

And once again great thanks need to go to the font of all knowledge,Wikipedia.

Psychological projection, also known as blame shifting, is a theory in psychology in which humans defend themselves against their own unpleasant impulses by denying their existence while attributing them to others.
Sigmund Freud, Case Histories II (PFL 9) p. 132

For example, a person who is rude may constantly accuse other people of being rude.
Projection (German: Projektion) was conceptualised by Freud in his letters to Wilhelm Fliess,and further refined by Karl Abraham and Anna Freud.
Jean-Michel Quinodoz, Reading Freud (London 2005) p. 24

Freud considered that in projection thoughts, motivations, desires, and feelings that cannot be accepted as one's own are dealt with by being placed in the outside world and attributed to someone else.
Sigmund Freud,Case Studies II p. 210

If anyone would like to read more of this sort of 'intellectual bullshit' you need to go here.

Create an account to see this content!

Plank,who the hell are you, Sigmund Freud?Such intellectual bullshit.

seems to me that you have reverted back to your old ways and no longer want to hear other members views and you expect everyone to follow yours .your comment showed no humour ,just pure vindictiveness , i think you owe @ plank an open apology,which i expect to see in the next few days.. myself i think @planks comment showed plenty of thought ,

Well done Plank a brilliant analysis of your observation of the many recent bad exchanges on the forum shoutbox.

It's a shame as it always seems to eminate from the same members who,for some reason or another,,just can't can't take any criticism of their views without resorting to just plain rudeness or bitterness.

They know best and everyone else is wrong and woe betide anyone who dares to challenge their views.

Perhaps it says more about their personality than the actual criticism.

Like many others now i try to avoid exchanges with them as much as possible as i don't like to ignore people as i know it would possibly only end up with me lowering to their level and that is not good both for me and the forum.

We all like a laugh and take the piss at times but it is all done and meant in a friendly way which makes for a good atmosphere on the forum.

After all we are all a bit mad and deranged to be on RLC in the first place lol.

And there is a reason why you are all mad well he is standing right in front of you rob1 I had an aim when I joined this forum was to make you all mad and catch you in my mental web and guess what it worked lol

lol...Tis easy when you have 299 other Robs backing you up.... awwww but Me, Myself and I never fell for your evil ways.....lol... :P

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 2/19/2016 at 3:53 AM, Plank said:

Tonight I have been watching the Shoutbox for around two hours.

And in that two hours the sole topic of conversation has been Kami,her boyfriend,Kristy and very briefly others connected with Kami & Kristy.
This has included folks doing research into those peoples personal lives,doing detective work just short of buying a deer-stalker hat,smoking a pipe & getting a bloodhound!
So that started me thinking,which is never a good thing!

Question, when does an interest in this site or a particular girl or couple go beyond a healthy interest/pastime, and slip into being unhealthy?

Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) is a mental health condition where a person has obsessive thoughts and compulsive activity.OCD symptoms can range from mild to severe. Some people with OCD may spend an hour or so a day engaged in obsessive-compulsive thinking and behaviour, but for others the condition can completely take over their life.

NHS UK Website.

Ok, so that is probably not the correct terminology,OCD is a serious mental health issue,not to be taken lightly. There are far too many people these days that fire off glib comments like,"oh I'm so OCD", when they are not,

they just like a tidy house. Or "I'm a bit manic today",no you're not,you probably had too much coffee!

So I thought about it some more,because I had nothing better to do.

Fixation was probably getting closer to it all,it certainly fits from a psychological perspective,but who the hell wants to read through a load of psychological theory,unless you have to!

Then it hit me,Eureka ! RealLifeCam FAN.

Fan = abbreviation of Fanatic, bingo!

Fanaticism!
And thanks to the font of all knowledge, ;D Wiki, we have this>

Fanaticism is a belief or behavior involving uncritical zeal or with an obsessive enthusiasm.
Philosopher George Santayana defines fanaticism as;

"redoubling your effort when you have forgotten your aim".
Santayana, George (1905). Life of Reason: Reason in Common Sense. (New York: Charles Scribner's Sons) 13

The fanatic displays very strict standards and little tolerance for contrary ideas or opinions.
In his book Crazy Talk, Stupid Talk, Neil Postman states that;
"the key to all fanatical beliefs is that they are self-confirming....(some beliefs are) fanatical not because they are 'false', but because they are expressed in such a way that they can never be shown to be false."
Postman, Neil (1976). "Fanaticism". Crazy Talk, Stupid Talk. pp. 104–112. ISBN 0-440-01554-5.

The behavior of a fan with overwhelming enthusiasm for a given subject is differentiated from the behavior of a fanatic by the fanatic's violation of prevailing social norms.
Though the fan's behavior may be judged as odd or eccentric, it does not violate such norms.
Thorne, Scott; Bruner, Gordon C. (2006). "An exploratory investigation of the characteristics of consumer fanaticism". Qualitative Market Research: An International Journal 9 (1): 51–72. doi:10.1108/13522750610640558. ISSN 1352-2752.

A fanatic differs from a crank, in that a crank is defined as a person who holds a position or opinion which is so far from the norm as to appear ludicrous and/or probably wrong, such as a belief in a Flat Earth.
In contrast, the subject of the fanatic's obsession may be "normal", such as an interest in religion or politics, except that the scale of the person's involvement, devotion, or obsession with the activity or cause is abnormal or disproportionate to the average.

Some food for thought there then...............and here's Debbie with the weather & traffic news.

Some do have a really bad obsession with girls they like and girls they say they don't but can't stop mentioning them. Certain people should be monitored lol. :ph34r: