CHATBOX AND USE OFF!

BORN-TO-RIDE

RHi Rob.  I noticed that the heading you used here is "CHATBOX".  Everyone else calls it the Shoutbox.

It is my view that calling it a chat box is better because it suggests a conversation between equals airing their ideas.  Putting the word "SHOUT" in the tile makes you think of yelling and forcing your views down somebody's throat.

Respectfully, can I suggest that the name be changed to "CHAT BOX"?  Only a minor thing, but you would be surprised how it affects people psychologically.

BTW Rob, being a forum modertator can't be much fun - I applaud you for taking it on.

I totally agree most here. BUT here what get me. Why do these girls have to be selling themselves ? Why can't they be working models? Most models put in 12-16 hour days. But that would be too much like right, Right? All these hearsay accusation and translations are just that hearsay. and as we know hearsay is not admissible in court  The fact of the matter is We Don't Know What They Do!! And I personally don't care. Which brings me to my next problem. Personal Business. I thought this shoutbox is about all things related to RLC and NOT about your personal life or problems or business adventure. It's sad that members have problems but we all do and if we all aired them in the shout than the shout is no longer about RLC. Now I know I have step on some toes here and I'm sorry. But your personal business is just that Your Personal Business. I find it funny as hell  how some member wanted K&K back and now that you have them ya can't stand them. why? RLC never said Kami & Kristy were lover or lesbian or a couple. This is something we as member came up with. It never happen in Barcelona  and it will never happen in Moscow.  You K&K fans said it yourself Nothing going to happen with K&K yet everyday the same thing in the shout.  go figure!  Well I've had my say and I will probably get a warning or banned either way I don't care because what was once a lot of fun is now just a lot of bullshit. And when the shit starts running over the top of your wader's boots it's time to take a step back and reevaluate the situation. Take it on the run 

https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=41ENCM70xr0

and it may be time for me to fly

https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGwCP2hX2FM

When I first joined RLCF I considered it was only fair to participate in Shoutbox / Chatbox not just look at the content and make the occasional forum post.

However, for now anyway, I have decided best to revert to the occasion forum post and upload if I can grab anything I think is interesting. If others disagree they can then report the post(s) and request removal while the mods can also directly delete the posts if they choose.

• 2 years later...
On 2/24/2016 at 11:27 AM, BORN-TO-RIDE said:

Lately the chatbox as become a place to bully ,threaten and discredit members . this is not what it is designed for , it is a place to openly discuss anything that members wish to chat about ,but remember we are a fan site of RLC. Its nice to hear members views on other sites , Are we not adults ,can we not find a common ground for all members to become involved ....

so as of today 02/24/16  anybody seen to be either bulling or using the chatbox to intimidate another member will have there posting privalages removed for 1 week for the first offence . then any further breaches from that member after they are reinstated will have there account closed .

Also any member found to be deliberately trying to change a topic of conversation for there own personal gain .ie: running commentries on useless actions in a said appartment ,Or constant negativity .We all understand how frustrating RLC can be at times and we dont need members reminding us of it ,  the exception to this rule is when the commentry is asked for by more than 3 members in chat . 

What all users of the chat need to remember is that the chat option is only used by 1% of our members . so its a small community that use it and if between you all you cant find peace and harmony again , then i will have to rethink the chatbox option , 

So can all chatbox users please except that it is a option for all members to use and not a personal battleground .    

i dont think i need to remind members about the NO disclosure of links to tennants private lives being put on this forum 

And finally i have opened a forum for members to air there frustrations /anger etc , please use that forum and not the chatbox . tnx to all the members who agree with this and to those that disagree , Well i guess we will be parting company very soon CIAO!

Some need to read this. 

6 hours ago, Bandit said:

Pretty pointless when there is no-one left to do anything about. 2018 and most of what is said is still happening. Maybe for the sake of the forum think about getting new staff. :ph34r:

Actually there is no need for someone to stay in a Chat Box and Moderate Grown Adults who are supposed to be Mature enough to have a Decent Conversation. The Chat Function has an Ignore Feature that each Member can use or if a Member is being Intolerant or Abusive send me a PM and I can look at the Log File of what transpired. If any action is warranted then it can be taken.  I am on the Forum a couple times throughout the course of a day so I can see if anything is going on and what needs tending to.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/30/2018 at 8:50 AM, Bandit said:

More to this topic than bullying.

1. Commentaries on useless actions.

2. Constant negativity.

3. Links to tenants private lives.

4. Discredit tenants and members.

If you can't see it maybe take a step back. :ph34r:

Perhaps I should rephrase the question. What does your ideal chat look like? I'm not being facetious.