Unauthorized transactions

dave0000

So this is the third time I've had someone get my card info and make a charge on it. The bank sends me a new card but it's getting to be a real PITA. I'm trying to narrow down the cause and was wondering if any other RLC subscriber's have had similar problems? In other words I'm questioning segpay's trustworthiness.

Also I was thinking of getting a prepaid card to maybe prevent this. Anyone know of a good one to get?

tia for any input :)

1 hour ago, dave0000 said:

Thanks for info iloner.

I'm still running XP so my PC maybe compromised although I'm running an anti virus. Just wondering if anyone else has the same problem.

dave0000, are you also running a firewall other than the one built into XP?  Antivirus won't keep out hackers, just their droppings.

AFAIK Comodo Internet Security will still run on XP, at least version 8 if not the current 10 but using the same constantly updated definition files.

The HIPS feature will notify anything trying to install. Sandbox helps too although it can end up blocking legitimate installations and updates.

What browser do you use? Firefox for XP is now well out of date but maybe still the best option. Opera is another possibility.

Sadly it really is time for a PC online to be at least Windows 7 or move to Linux.

Yea just using the windows firewall and Firefox will stop support for XP in August. I'm going to shop around for a cheap laptop with at least win 7 on it. I've put it off too long, so yeah it's time for an upgrade.

thanks for all the help :)

I had an erroneous charge 3 weeks ago. The charge was made same day I renewed my subscription with RLC and was made from Florida. US$46.16 charged by SHSTROK.COM. whoever they are.

Bank issued new credit card but I've since cancelled my sub with RLC and won't be renewing.

I do not trust SegPay anymore.

Edited by sting
spelling

On 7/3/2018 at 1:10 AM, dave0000 said:

So this is the third time I've had someone get my card info and make a charge on it. The bank sends me a new card but it's getting to be a real PITA. I'm trying to narrow down the cause and was wondering if any other RLC subscriber's have had similar problems? In other words I'm questioning segpay's trustworthiness.

Also I was thinking of getting a prepaid card to maybe prevent this. Anyone know of a good one to get?

tia for any input :)

There are probably many good ones out there. I have been using 

for RLC for about two and a half years now, and the only issue I had is that my subscription got cancelled once because I forgot to top up the card. Can't blame anyone but myself for that.

Sting this is exactly the same as what happened to me! Different websites (3 different sites but all looked similar) The charges were all around 45 dollars. All in Florida. They all happened around the time segpay charged my account. Damn I was hoping it was something other then RLC.

Would a prepaid card make a difference?

Does anyone have personal contact with segpay so they can look into it?

Edited by dave0000
added bottom coment

Ok I just checked another card I've used and same again...Like Super 138 there was not enough funds when they tried to take the $45  but they cam back and took the $8 that was in.

Definitely will not be renewing any membership with RLC.

Everyone.....you all need to check your card statements, this is fraud no matter how you look at it.

I've had the same problem three times over the last three months. The first two times I didn't realize it was RLC as I was charging that card with regularity, so I figured it could have been something else.  But the third time, RLC was the only thing I charged for a month, and sure enough a charge of $45.99 was on my card once again from one of those fake .COM sites.  I contacted segpay and they gave me the "everything is good on our end" response.  So I canceled my membership.  As bad as I feel for everyone else that has dealt with this too, I'm glad I'm not the only one.  It definitely seems like a segpay issue.  If I ever go back, it will be the prepaid card route, but RLC for me isn't exactly giving me a reason to even think about joining again anyways.