Unauthorized transactions

dave0000

This same thing happened to me back in February .. there was a charge on my bank statement that i didn't recognize, so i called the bank .. i had to send the bank a document stating that the charge wasn't from me, and they eventually sent me a new card, and i got the money back .. the name on the bank statement was "SNPHELPER" for $46.55 and when i did a search the name Segpay came up .. it really sucks because i loved the RLC site and miss watching, but there is no way that the site is secure .. i ended up moving to a cam girl site where i spent a scary amount of money .. i actually tried to renew today, thinking that maybe that was just an aberration (before reading this message board) but they wouldn't accept my card .. after reading what you guys have said, i'm glad that it didn't work .. would have been so much cheaper if i could have stayed on RLC, but i don't trust their charging practices at all..

I've been tempted a bit lately to try RLC again. I don't want to lose another card though.

Has anyone had a problem recently?

How can a company stay in business and be as shady as Segpay and why won't RLC get rid of them? Unless they're somehow involved.

I have a VHTV account at the moment and haven't had any problems.

• 1 year later...

Wow I posted this almost two years ago. LOL Anyway I wanted to post an update. A few days ago I noticed RLC added a Paypal option to their payment page, so I took a chance and re-upped my subscription. It is still thru Segpay I guess, at least it goes to Segpay's site to enter info, but Paypal handles the payment. So far no weird unwanted charges, time will tell I guess. I will report back for sure if anything shady happens. 

4 hours ago, dave0000 said:

Wow I posted this almost two years ago. LOL Anyway I wanted to post an update. A few days ago I noticed RLC added a Paypal option to their payment page, so I took a chance and re-upped my subscription. It is still thru Segpay I guess, at least it goes to Segpay's site to enter info, but Paypal handles the payment. So far no weird unwanted charges, time will tell I guess. I will report back for sure if anything shady happens. 

That's quite unusual PayPal would allow an Adult Content Related Site through their platform.   

Maybe they have taken a different stance on how they choose to operate.

18 hours ago, dave0000 said:

That might be why it goes to segpays site instead of right to paypal. Says paypal  *segpay ltd on bank statement. Not realifecam.

VHTV has had a PayPal option on their site for a few months now.   

That's good to know because one could order through PayPal and watch the scene they wanted, record it from Replay using a Screen Recorder and then Cancel their Sub and ask for a Refund.  :D

Awhile back I contacted support at RLC and told them about the fraudulent payments and that there are many complaints out there about segpay. This was their response:

Thank you for contacting us.

Unfortunately, SegPay is the only option we have at the moment.

Thank you.
--
Support Team,
reallifecam.com

At least they have the Paypal option now.

I've had a my bank block a payment before and I contacted them and they let it through the next time I tried. Not sure but maybe paypal has that option on their site somewhere.

On 4/14/2020 at 5:43 AM, dave0000 said:

I've had a my bank block a payment before and I contacted them and they let it through the next time I tried. Not sure but maybe paypal has that option on their site somewhere.

The PayPal option is useless if your bank won't allow payments to SegPay. As RLC's a recurring payment, ie it is automatically renewed unless you cancel,  your PayPal account has to be linked to your bank account. You can't pay with just the money in your PayPal account. PayPal is merely an intermediary and your bank calls the shots. As such, if they won't authorise payment directly from your debit card, they won't authorise it through an 3rd party either. I have tried contacting my bank but, with the plague, their call centres are seriously under-staffed. When I called, I got an automated voice telling me I was 624th in line, expect to wait over an hour. Easy for them to say, they're not paying for the call! I can't believe I'm the only one with this problem? RLC, if you're reading this, perhaps think of a package where someone can subscribe without the automatic renewal. Someone can buy 30, 90, 180 day access as a one off. If they chose to renew, that's up to them. Why the hell does this happen when Gina moves in? 

Yea my paypal is connected to my bank account. What about a prepaid card? I was looking into them before I saw the paypal option, it will cost extra for fees though. I think paypal has a prepaid card as well.

You are right about the payments. At the least they could do is add Veratel or other payment service to their payment page. So at least you have multiple options.

30 minutes ago, dave0000 said:

What about a prepaid card?

I've been thinking about that but, not sure that will work? Because it's a recurring payment, they want it linked to your bank account, prepaid or not. They don't trust you to top up your PayPal account etc. My one comfort is, I'm not missing much but, FFS RLC send Gina home until I can resubscribe!

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2020 at 4:53 AM, dave0000 said:

Please keep us updated!