Unauthorized transactions

dave0000

I have subscribed to RLC several times through SegPay and my practice is to cancel my account prior to the end of the subscription to avoid the automatic renewal at the higher monthly rate.  I then subscribe at the 6-month rate.  That is what I did in June and I have cancellation confirmation received from SegPay.

Today I noticed a charge on my bank card from a company I never heard of... RUANITE, located in Florida, USA for $46 and change.  When I called they are in possession of my bank card information and email.  How are you allowing my financial information to go to unknown companies to bill me for services I've already paid for through SegPay?

This will ruin your business more than anything else.  There are several instances of this happening documented by discussions on RealLifeCam forums.  I suggest you tend to this immediately, as my issues are being reported to Better Business Bureau.

Just chiming in to say this also happened to me twice. My credit card company had to issue me a new credit card both times and they forgave the fraudulent charges. I have been reluctant on whether or not I will renew once my current subscription is done.

Was chatting about this today (June 13) with @temp01 and @giggles. Both have had this happen recently. This sort of rang a bell in my old and depleted brain cells. I want back a few months on found a bogus charge of $46.05 from STYFAN.COM. I remember I called them to see what the charge was for and they were very evasive with no real answers. Said they processed for several sites but refused to say what this charge was for. I told them to reverse it, which they did. The credit showed on my next statement. I did go back almost 2 years and did not see any other fake charge.

@temp01 and I both get longer-term memberships so we get the lower rate and cancel before the end so it will not renew automatically at the higher monthly rate. So even though we should never see a monthly fee we both did. 

I will be writing an email today to RLC. I think everyone who has this happen needs to do so as well until RLC makes a change. I will also find the information for SEGPAY and send them and email as well. 

This really sucks.

I have just sent an email to RLC support telling them they need to do something about this. Even if they are not directly responsible, which they could not be because they do not see our credit card information; they still are implicit because they are the ones who use SEGPAY to process their transactions. SEGPAY is next.

I've been hit up several times on this. One for a Florida name and once from New Jersey. The amount is always about $45 and if you don't catch it , it is continuous. You go the site and there's little there except customer service. I called and asked how they got my cc info to which they said (in both cases) that they were just a service company and would'd say for who. Fortunately when I asked for a credit I received it quite promptly. I'm sure this is a tie in with Sergpay. Think about it... They get to use all the funds they collect for whatever reasons and if you don't catch it, it won't stop.

This is an issue that goes beyond the Better Business Bureau. If it continues the proper authorities should be notified to investigate

Just an update. I did a search on SEGPAY and FRAUDULENT. I realize there are probably lots of transactions through this company but there are lots and lots of complaints going back many years about fraudulent charges. 

I agree with Chazzbo on how unwilling the company specified was in failing to provide any details about what company was behind the charge. I also got a quick refund but if you never notice it they could be getting lots of bucks.

It seems to be a Florida location each time. It happened to me and also was around 45 dollars. Oh, and I just noticed Chazzbo said once it was a New Jersey location. When it happened to me some months back I never associated it with RLC or Segpay til seeing this thread and it being mentioned in chat. No problems since I got it stopped but will be watching my online statement more closely. As some has mentioned above it will recur if you don’t stop it. I got hit two months before noticing it.

Since my issue was about 4 months back and no problems since I won’t email at this time but you bet I will if it happens again. It may be a Segpay problem but RLC is implicit since they use them. This is how websites get shut down so if you’re an RLC fan at all I urge you to monitor your credit card accounts closely, at least weekly, and email both RLC and Segpay as soon as you see the fraudulent charge and send them info about who’s doing it. 

Then again if either is connected with these frauds and is complicit with them they deserve to be shut down. Makes you wonder how they are able to afford GP, the big Barcelona house, whether they bought, lease, or just rent it not to mention all their other properties along with paying the girls and couples.

I just got premium membership and checked my c/c and also have a fraudulent charge for 45.90, my bank is issuing a new card and i will not renew my membership, it's clear their billing company is selling c/c numbers!!

Posted on behalf of member Snakeater of CamCaps who doesn't have an account here:

Cow thanks for the heads up. My charge was always a day or two before It was time to renew. It was a different co. name and when I looked it up all I found was the name on the internet and little else. I also questioned Segpay. Especially when they used my email address I had never used on the segway site. They also asked for my drivers lic. copied and sent to them. They must have been dumb as hell to think I would send them that.  Let them know over there that segpay has been compromised. At least it looks like it. Thanks

I wonder why some of us are being targeted and not others. In my case 3 times and I'm assuming most subscribers not at all. Anyway to find a conman denominator here? 

I'm not defending segpay or RLC when I say this but it could be a bad apple in the company or maybe a vulnerability in the site and someone is hacking it, right? Of course still their response ability to fix it. 

I'm lucky I guess, my bank called me the first time and asked if I had made the charge, I of course told them no, the next two the bank denied.

I also would urge everyone reading this to look at your statements. The charges are always around 45 dollars, the site is in Florida (same as segpay!) always a nonsense web address like shgnow dot com, the site is a customer service site that goes no where and says nothing about what it sells etc.

I never called or contacted the web site because my bank took care of it. Is it really safe to contact them? I would worry their connected and wouldn't want to give them any more info. Just a thought.

From Snakeater:

Cow good evening.. Let them know I may have made a breakthrough with Segpay. Instead of replying to the guy who was answering my emails and asking for my drivers lic. I have started contacting Segpay through the email address right from the decline page. I let them know all the info I have gave them and that I would not send a copy of my D.L. I also told them I think they had been hacked because of my extra billing. I got a reply from a female who said upper management would be taking care of it now and was aware of the possible hack. Will let you know more when I hear more.