Membership Policy Change

Admin

Starting November 1st we will no longer be offering Hero memberships.  Currently, Hero memberships are obtained by making 30 posts, and grant free access to the gallery. We now have over 1000 hero members which is a significant amount of "Free" users. After November 1st the only way to obtain access to the Gallery will be to pay the annual membership fee of $12. Current Hero members will retain access to the Gallery indefinitely.  The reason for this change is that costs of running the site have increased, and we can no longer afford to have so many free users.  

Thank You, 

- A 

Thanks for the Update Admin. 

I strongly suggest that ANY member - financial or not - upon joining , be given a Package of the Rules, Relevant Details and any other relevant information new members should have. It serves as a guide as to familiarize themselves to the site, how to obtain recent forums posts, etc and saves everyone concerned having to answer the same new member's questions time and time again. 

New members , on a daily occurrence , resort to the Chatbox for information they should have been guided to or given upon registration. Chatbox is exactly that - Chatbox and NOT Q & A forum. 

Your attention to this matter ( I do not say Consideration ) is something that requires immediate action. 

Thankyou and I look forward to the Chatbox becoming what it was intended for. 

Texl01

17 hours ago, texl01 said:

Thanks for the Update Admin. 

I strongly suggest that ANY member - financial or not - upon joining , be given a Package of the Rules, Relevant Details and any other relevant information new members should have. It serves as a guide as to familiarize themselves to the site, how to obtain recent forums posts, etc and saves everyone concerned having to answer the same new member's questions time and time again. 

New members , on a daily occurrence , resort to the Chatbox for information they should have been guided to or given upon registration. Chatbox is exactly that - Chatbox and NOT Q & A forum. 

Your attention to this matter ( I do not say Consideration ) is something that requires immediate action. 

Thankyou and I look forward to the Chatbox becoming what it was intended for. 

Texl01

I am working on this. Ideally users will be presented with a notice as soon as they register. 

Thanks for this admin i guess now the mods will stop reminding people that you got to have 30 posts to gain access to the gallery lol , so it makes their job a little bit easier. So once it reaches november 1st and you are not a hero member by then you are to late , you have to pay or leave that's kinda your choice now.

10 hours ago, Rob1 said:

Thanks for this admin i guess now the mods will stop reminding people that you got to have 30 posts to gain access to the gallery lol , so it makes their job a little bit easier. So once it reaches november 1st and you are not a hero member by then you are to late , you have to pay or leave that's kinda your choice now.

They don't have to leave. They just can't access the gallery. They can still use the forum as they normally would. 

Tool, on lots of occasions it has been suggested to Admin.( as you well know )  to prepare new members with a package of relevant and informative information. And long before any change in Administration  occurred .  No info for newbies is like buying a New car and not getting an operational Handbook . 

I do not feel it is the Moderators job to prepare and propose this information, - just incase we may be asked to do so. Admin set the rules and we enforce what is asked of us. :)

• 2 months later...

I might be a lil bit 2late to comment about this change, however I see it a lil bit unfair for old users

I may not be so active posting around and so on, however I've been around since 2 years ( had a break and when I came back found this payment rules which were not around when I made the account 2 years ago or something

It would be great if you guys change it back ( maybe not to 30 posts, around 100 could be good or something ) 

I'll appreciate that * Btw all my previous topics / replies were removed Idk why ;/

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 8:40 AM, mariux said:

I might be a lil bit 2late to comment about this change, however I see it a lil bit unfair for old users

I may not be so active posting around and so on, however I've been around since 2 years ( had a break and when I came back found this payment rules which were not around when I made the account 2 years ago or something

It would be great if you guys change it back ( maybe not to 30 posts, around 100 could be good or something ) 

I'll appreciate that * Btw all my previous topics / replies were removed Idk why ;/

I think this change was fair. It is a tiny amount of money and somehow the site needs to be supported. I had enough posts but paid the money anyway because I feel we should pay for the ability to be here. I think the whole posting thing made for a lot of really stupid posts just so people could reach the 30 level.

2 hours ago, capeguy said:

I think this change was fair. It is a tiny amount of money and somehow the site needs to be supported. I had enough posts but paid the money anyway because I feel we should pay for the ability to be here. I think the whole posting thing made for a lot of really stupid posts just so people could reach the 30 level.

I think this is why Admin changed it because i tell you want when i was mod i deleted a hell of a lot of silly posts it makes it easier for Admin and the other mods to do stuff now this silly rule is out of the window.

3 hours ago, capeguy said:

What I meant was that keeping a one way to see the gallery was unfair,

paying for something you're not sure if its worth or not, people here discussed why don't RLC offer a free 3 days or something so people can make their mind if they want to pay the money or not

same thing applies here I guess, as an old user for this forum that had a small break when this change was done, has no idea if its worth it or not

so 30 posts or could be more for a week or 2 from having the ability to check the gallery, then you can make up your mind

If there is complaining about the change you might consider another.

I feel that if I enjoy the benefits of a forum I should be supportive of that forums' needs.  $12 isn't a great expense and I have absolutely no room in my life for more welfare hunters.  I hardly ever use the gallery but it is there for me.  My greatest enjoyment comes from the chat.  Perhaps those who grumble that the gallery isn't worth the $12 per year would reconsider the value if chat was limited for those who had not paid.  It's not going to bother me because I'm going to try to support the forum!

• 9 months later...
On 10/9/2016 at 6:12 PM, Admin said:

They don't have to leave. They just can't access the gallery. They can still use the forum as they normally would. 

I was formally a Hero Member and really enjoyed the Gallery unfortunately my job called me away for good long while and while I was away the new rules went into affect and when I came back I lost my Hero Membership so I bit the bullet and Paid for the Membership.  So now that I am a paid member I try to go thru the Gallery and there is not Crap there anymore.  What happened to all the pictures and videos that were there before??  So now I am wondering what the Hell am I getting for my paid membership?  Am I missing something in relation to the Gallery??  and not to mention just going back thru some of the old posts in the Forum nearly Half or more of the pictures have been taken down as well.  What is Going on with this Site???

11 minutes ago, Spoonie123 said:

I was formally a Hero Member and really enjoyed the Gallery unfortunately my job called me away for good long while and while I was away the new rules went into affect and when I came back I lost my Hero Membership so I bit the bullet and Paid for the Membership.  So now that I am a paid member I try to go thru the Gallery and there is not Crap there anymore.  What happened to all the pictures and videos that were there before??  So now I am wondering what the Hell am I getting for my paid membership?  Am I missing something in relation to the Gallery??  and not to mention just going back thru some of the old posts in the Forum nearly Half or more of the pictures have been taken down as well.  What is Going on with this Site???

Back in July the RLCF Servers got Taken Offline by means of the DMCA. There was various content of Pictures and Videos that were posted within some comments in the Open Forums of RLC. Those had to be Removed and Re-uploaded to a Third Party Hosting Site. Since then RLC went after the Third Party Hosting Sites of the Content was Posted and Ordered them Removed.

We are currently Testing some new Strategies to see what works best. It's seeming to take longer than what was expected as we have hit some Bumps along the way.  Once these Bumps are taken care of then we can get things back rolling once again.

Sorry for any Inconvenience.      

StnCld316