Paid member versus Hero member

CowArt

1 hour ago, iloner said:

Johnny also said: Question is who is more boring, the tenants or the people watching them!! (Some even stupid enough to pay for it) 

But if some of us were not willing to pay for Johnny's pleasure in calling us stupid there would be no site for him to abuse us on.

Those of us who do pay perhaps have more appreciation of what is on offer and the effort that goes into it.     

Though sometimes mindless abusive immature postings are fun, and we would miss them.     But even without their inanities RLCF is a bargain.   The original complaint was about unfairness.   My view: make everyone pay.

BTR had some succinct phrases;   WHINGEING FREELOADERS comes to mind.

Exactly! I agree!

16 hours ago, ed2 said:

Sorry that I seem to have couped your thread @CowArt

No problem, StnCld answered my initial question anyway:

On 11/17/2018 at 6:32 AM, StnCld316 said:

I would love to have the Hero Membership Participate in those Paid Boards as well but under the current circumstances it's not Physically Possible.   If the current situation changes then the Hero Membership can be allowed to Participate in those Boards as well.

So the thread is all yours, carry on. ;)

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 8:37 AM, ed2 said:

The original complaint was about unfairness.   My view: make everyone pay.

That's a decision Admin will have to make.  At the Present Time the only thing Hero Members have access to is the Gallery & Download Tabs in the Menu Board at the Top of the Page.  They have always had Access to those areas.    The Paid Member Boards are not Part of the Gallery as they are on a Separate Part of the System.

48 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

That's a decision Admin will have to make.  At the Present Time the only thing Hero Members have access to is the Gallery & Download Tabs in the Menu Board at the Top of the Page.  They have always had Access to those areas.    The Paid Member Boards are not Part of the Gallery as they are on a Separate Part of the System.

You still avoid my initial issue! You haven't given any form of explanation on why this decission was made like this, on what I see as the main unfairness:

On 11/19/2018 at 1:36 AM, ed2 said:

Then back to the part no one has explained to me. Maybe @Admin can answer? When the decition was made to "lock" the Hero memberships, why was it decided that all those who already had a Hero membership should be allowed to keep their status? For seemingly for all future? Why weren't all the Hero members turned back into regular black members? I can imagine that would have caused abit of an uproar amongst some of the older members, was that what you were trying to avoid? But I guess you never concidered how unfair this sollution would be to the post-2016 members? In principal, and in practice, this sollution meant that it is mostly the post-2016 members who pays for the upkeep of this site, with its galleries and evrything, and we will have to pay for our access for all future, just so the pre-2016 Hero members can access it for free, indeffinately.

On 11/17/2018 at 4:18 PM, ed2 said:

I think most of us understand that the galleries had to be taken down, and that you had to try and find new sollutions. And creating a Paid Members Area is a totally legit solution, hadn't it been for the dilema with the Hero members. My critique was of the Hero membership in itself. Why did you decide to ditch it back in 2016? And why on earth were the old Hero members allowed to keep their status? It sounded like a really stupid decition, and that is the sourse of your dilema now. And I repeate: Either you should've kept the Hero memberships achievable to all members, also those who joined after 2016, or you should abandon it entirely, not keep it in this sort of half way possition! That is just unfair to everyone! (Also to the Hero members, who were promissed that they would be able to keep their status).

Interesting little ants nest you've kicked here CowArt.
I want this forum to be inclusive irrespective of membership status.However I do understand the argument that 'I have paid,therefore....'
Speaking from my own perspective I don't like this attitude of us & them, it's facile.Especially when you take into consideration the number of posts between some Paid members & this Hero member.
What I am saying is,mine's bigger than yours! 😂 So who is the more active member? Who contributes more? And does it matter a fuck in the grand scheme of things?
I am a Hero member because I made 30 'meaningful' posts and was promoted from a basic member to Hero.Not my fault,it was the way it was.
As for being promoted because you were friends with BTR, that is bollocks!
I am one of the people who encouraged him to go to hospital when he was having chest pain/suspected heart attack whilst in Spain.
I didn't seek or get any special treatment from him,not even a thank you.

But to restrict a Hero's access to content because they have not paid is pathetic.
How much of my content have you lot enjoyed on the back of my membership to VHtv?
And before anyone has the audacity to come at me with a smart arse comment like,'well no-one reads your shit anyway.'
I keep an eye on the viewing figures,just get a snapshot of if anyone is reading my stuff.
A few days ago one post had 105 views,another 171, and the response? three or four 'likes'.
So it doesn't matter that I have almost single highhandedly kept the VHtv side of this forum going? What about the time I have spent,capping,editing,composing etc?
Isn't that payment enough? A fair exchange?
On the subject of payment,if you are faced with a choice to join RLCF or CC there will only be one winner in that battle.Talk about shooting yourself in the foot !
When a non-member views CC they are locked out for 24 hours after viewing 5 topics. Yet at RLCF you can wander around & look at what you like.
Yes I know the restriction was lifted to encourage new members,but this can not be right.
For me the sections such as VHtv etc should be locked to non-members,as the Gallery was,so they will have an incentive to join &/or pay.
Or shall I move my stuff into the 'Clubs' section, and if you're names not on the list,you don't get in? Maybe make it Hero members only?
Or maybe I should do this to my pics?

Create an account to see this content!

PS That is May^ from VHtv and bloke. It was a very nice session.

2 hours ago, Plank said:

Interesting little ants nest you've kicked here CowArt.
I want this forum to be inclusive irrespective of membership status.However I do understand the argument that 'I have paid,therefore....'
Speaking from my own perspective I don't like this attitude of us & them, it's facile.Especially when you take into consideration the number of posts between some Paid members & this Hero member.
What I am saying is,mine's bigger than yours! 😂 So who is the more active member? Who contributes more? And does it matter a fuck in the grand scheme of things?
I am a Hero member because I made 30 'meaningful' posts and was promoted from a basic member to Hero.Not my fault,it was the way it was.
As for being promoted because you were friends with BTR, that is bollocks!
I am one of the people who encouraged him to go to hospital when he was having chest pain/suspected heart attack whilst in Spain.
I didn't seek or get any special treatment from him,not even a thank you.

But to restrict a Hero's access to content because they have not paid is pathetic.
How much of my content have you lot enjoyed on the back of my membership to VHtv?
And before anyone has the audacity to come at me with a smart arse comment like,'well no-one reads your shit anyway.'
I keep an eye on the viewing figures,just get a snapshot of if anyone is reading my stuff.
A few days ago one post had 105 views,another 171, and the response? three or four 'likes'.
So it doesn't matter that I have almost single highhandedly kept the VHtv side of this forum going? What about the time I have spent,capping,editing,composing etc?
Isn't that payment enough? A fair exchange?
On the subject of payment,if you are faced with a choice to join RLCF or CC there will only be one winner in that battle.Talk about shooting yourself in the foot !
When a non-member views CC they are locked out for 24 hours after viewing 5 topics. Yet at RLCF you can wander around & look at what you like.
Yes I know the restriction was lifted to encourage new members,but this can not be right.
For me the sections such as VHtv etc should be locked to non-members,as the Gallery was,so they will have an incentive to join &/or pay.
Or shall I move my stuff into the 'Clubs' section, and if you're names not on the list,you don't get in? Maybe make it Hero members only?
Or maybe I should do this to my pics?

Create an account to see this content!

PS That is May^ from VHtv and bloke. It was a very nice session.

May looking very nice.  Looks like she has good set of lungs on her too. :)

I agree with most of what Plank has said. I too am a HERO member and do my share of participating in the forums. It was the Chat Room decorum that got me interested to register to join in discussions with a very friendly bunch of chatters from across the world. The 30 posts required to be a HERO member gave me the bug to continue posting. Yes, requiring paid membership has created an ants nest and it has caused some members to not rejoin due to losing their HERO status if they didn't log in within a limited period of time (15 or 30 days sounds familiar, if I remember right). Like Plank and others, I have tried hard to keep the forums alive with comments and pics and certain topics just to stir discussions and try to get members participating. I believe ADMIN needs to take a hard long look at what has negatively changed since instituting paid membership and RLC's hardball tactics - the lack of and continually decreasing participation by members whether paid or Hero. 

I see so many guests looking in so why not try to "grab or entice" them to join up? Maybe offer a limited one week free trial once they register a username (they can then use the chat room and post in the forum). Do something to encourage guests to become new members.

Need to try to increase membership and keep current members. Logging in to the site is one thing but participating in the RLCF site is the key or main objective - you think?

4 hours ago, Plank said:

The the thing I said about BTR was an over-exaggeration, to try make a point, but it came out very wrong, and it was dissrespectful and wrong of me to do that, I'm cincerly sorry.

I say nothing wrong about the Hero members, they are (mostly) great people. I even like the principal behind the Hero membership, those who got it had earned it by contributing to the forum, it's a nice idea! But did no one get my point at all? In 2016 it was made impossible for anyone new to achieve the Hero membership, it was "locked down", only those who already were Hero got to keep their status. I have over 30 liked posts too, and hypotethical, a guy who joined after 2016 could have 1000 liked posts, he would still have to pay for his access to the galleries. That's what I'm talking about, that is what is so unfair!

So, I'm criticicing the system, not the people.

• 10 months later...