Temporary Issues with RLCF

StnCld316

1 hour ago, Harry1949 said:

StnCold sent you PM.  I cannot seem to get back into chat, now that the site is up and running.

This is in the Top Menu to the Right Side of the Photo Competition Tab.    If you don't see it just click the above link.   It should also be on the Main Forum Page at the top like it always was before.

7 hours ago, Scotsman84 said:

Click on Babble at top of the forum to access chat Harry. 

6 hours ago, StnCld316 said:

This is in the Top Menu to the Right Side of the Photo Competition Tab.    If you don't see it just click the above link.   It should also be on the Main Forum Page at the top like it always was before.

For me the chat comments shows up when I click on  Home and then Forums. But to access the actual Chat site I need to click on MORE on the menu headings and then click on Babble for the Chat and this includes who is currently in the Chat Room.

2 hours ago, dougiestyle4u said:

For me the chat comments shows up when I click on  Home and then Forums. But to access the actual Chat site I need to click on MORE on the menu headings and then click on Babble for the Chat and this includes who is currently in the Chat Room.

There seems to be 2or3 different ways to access it. Not sure if it's the device you use or browser but has been different on mobile, tablet and laptop. Personally the worse set-up yet. 

3 hours ago, dougiestyle4u said:

The one on the Forum Page doesn't show the List of Names in the Room on the Right Side,  By Clicking the Babble Tab takes you to the ones with the names on the Right Side.  That's what I can see of it from my end of things.  I'll have to check it out with m other Account to see if it appears any differently.

1 hour ago, Scotsman84 said:

There seems to be 2or3 different ways to access it. Not sure if it's the device you use or browser but has been different on mobile, tablet and laptop. Personally the worse set-up yet. 

The other chat just wasn't compatible with the advancing Forum Software.  The Software Developer had to adapt to the changes.  It's a little different than what we have been accustomed to but as anything else things change as Development Advances.

1 hour ago, StnCld316 said:

The other chat just wasn't compatible with the advancing Forum Software.  The Software Developer had to adapt to the changes.  It's a little different than what we have been accustomed to but as anything else things change as Development Advances.

Just like a woman - need to know what buttons to press or not to press - lol. Like anything else, we mere mortals need to adapt and accept how technology controls our every little move and needs.

Never fails. IT personnel might be good at programming stuff but fail to use or test their changes to see if they are efficient or even operator friendly. As you read the chat and scroll down it flips to the start when a new comment is entered or after a few seconds. Bunch of dumbasses. It seems like RLC and RLCF are competing against each other for poor services - rrrrrrr!!!

1 hour ago, dougiestyle4u said:

Never fails. IT personnel might be good at programming stuff but fail to use or test their changes to see if they are efficient or even operator friendly. As you read the chat and scroll down it flips to the start when a new comment is entered or after a few seconds. Bunch of dumbasses. It seems like RLC and RLCF are competing against each other for poor services - rrrrrrr!!!

The Chat is just a Plug-in.  It has nothing to do with RLCF.   Codingjungle.com are the operators of the Babble Chat.  

Admin is working with the Software Developer trying to get the page issue resolved.

30 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

The Chat is just a Plug-in.  It has nothing to do with RLCF.   Codingjungle.com are the operators of the Babble Chat.  

Admin is working with the Software Developer trying to get the page issue resolved.

Not complaining about our own Admin as he has his hands full with RLCF. The IT personnel that design new and improved products (Software developers) push things out without ensuring the bugs are taken care of beforehand. Almost as if they don't use their own products to find flaws or simpler steps to make it operator friendly. I have first hand experience working with IT programmers in designing and setting up industry process controls and computer generated reports and stressed the importance of making them easy to use and trouble free. IT people have their closed minded way of thinking and was an effort to say "that won't work" or "how about doing it this way" or "can we test it out first before it is implemented" or "can we run it by some operators to see what they like or don't like about the changes". You can be book smart but totally useless or you can be uneducated but a great worker. Imagine that.

1 minute ago, dougiestyle4u said:

Not complaining about our own Admin as he has his hands full with RLCF. The IT personnel that design new and improved products (Software developers) push things out without ensuring the bugs are taken care of beforehand. Almost as if they don't use their own products to find flaws or simpler steps to make it operator friendly. I have first hand experience working with IT programmers in designing and setting up industry process controls and computer generated reports and stressed the importance of making them easy to use and trouble free. IT people have their closed minded way of thinking and was an effort to say "that won't work" or "how about doing it this way" or "can we test it out first before it is implemented" or "can we run it by some operators to see what they like or don't like about the changes". You can be book smart but totally useless or you can be uneducated but a great worker. Imagine that.

Check the Chat out now.  It has been changed.  Will see how this one works out.

Meh. Think the new version of Babble was better, clunky as it was, and we were about to get used to it. Edit button does not work, if you use the @nickname feature the 300 character limit will say too many characters even if you only use 50, etc. But if you want to scroll back into the earlier posts  they do load automatically, so that part is nice and they don't jump around either.

4 hours ago, hillbilly said:

Meh. Think the new version of Babble was better, clunky as it was, and we were about to get used to it. Edit button does not work, if you use the @nickname feature the 300 character limit will say too many characters even if you only use 50, etc. But if you want to scroll back into the earlier posts  they do load automatically, so that part is nice and they don't jump around either.

I have sent a PM to Admin about that.