Suggestions and Feedback

StnCld316

6 minutes ago, Vaz said:

CamCaps was first. Effort should be put into both equally tho. 

Thought it was this one but i agree. I will post on Camcaps when it comes back to see what members there think because they know this is here but not coming to post.

@Daleys - big difference between the two sites. Camcaps use the topics for discussions back and forth but xcamfan uses the Chat Room for discussions. Some of us avoid the Chat Room and post in the forums. The chatters tend to avoid the forum topics. Few overall participants so both Chat Room and forum topics appear dead for hours on end. Probably why members slid over to Camcaps for rapid discussions on any topics.

On 7/25/2021 at 8:55 PM, Robwin said:

Hey @Plank you are a lucky bugger then, 2mm wow, doubled in size eh lol 👍 Trust you are well anyway.

and @dougiestyle4u wouldn't go as far as to say flooding back only wanted to contact Stone. Trust all ok your end anyway.👍

Must poke my nose in a bit more often as feel like an interloper now lol.

Well look what the cat dragged in !

Hiya @Robwin me old mucker! Glad to see you back around the ol' neighbourhood. Not a lot has changed,apart from a load of people moved out & they're thinking of putting up a block of flats where the Gallery used to be. Don't be a stranger,we need all the help we can get.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/14/2021 at 10:21 PM, StnCld316 said:

As many know the Forum has been at an almost standstill pace for awhile now. I myself have tried endlessly to try and come up with ways to get things going on the RLC Topics with Pictures and Videos but each and every time I got something going the DMCA seemed to get in the way of making anything happen.  VHTV Topics seem to get some action but more participation is needed.

Maybe this Forum needs to go in a different direction.  Anyone got some Suggestions for some new ideas and we'll go at it from there. 

Well, four months has passed us by and no changes or follow up on ANY suggestions. I signed up on CamCaps.net and it is just as dead or worse compared to xcamfan. Only regulars participating.

My observation, our posting of multiple pics of VHTV tenants outshines CC. At CC the usual topics of discussions are Barca apartments and Leora & Malia. If we improved the Chat Room (no arguments please, it is pathetic) and highlighted in a way to emphasize our VHTV coverage (comments, pics, gifs, videos) they together would help this site. The activity page needs to be scrolled down a mile if a lot of World Outside stuff is posted. Should be a section for current pics/videos added within the last week or 3 days (placed in fan pages but automatically transferred to a new Recent VHTV Pics/Videos/Comments section). Once the 3 days or one week expires then they automatically get removed BUT stay in the fan pages. This way more xcamfan members and guests would be tempted or periodically look at the recent updated images/comments. Xcamfan can push VHTV more as RLC has nothing of interest. I don't think many realy know how to search fan pages/topics in a quick way to see what has been recently added. I know this is very much doable because where I use to work I had IT programmers do exactly this kind of stuff - I asked them if it was possible and they did it.

You, me and others hear that members much prefer this site over CC for various reasons. Why are we not capitalizing on this fact and doing more to make this site better? Are we waiting for RLC to improve? If so, I will LMFAO.

Four months gone by and I think even more members dropped out or pop in less often. Inaction shows lack of seriousness and commitment.

11 hours ago, dougiestyle4u said:

Well, four months has passed us by and no changes or follow up on ANY suggestions. I signed up on CamCaps.net and it is just as dead or worse compared to xcamfan. Only regulars participating.

My observation, our posting of multiple pics of VHTV tenants outshines CC. At CC the usual topics of discussions are Barca apartments and Leora & Malia. If we improved the Chat Room (no arguments please, it is pathetic) and highlighted in a way to emphasize our VHTV coverage (comments, pics, gifs, videos) they together would help this site. The activity page needs to be scrolled down a mile if a lot of World Outside stuff is posted. Should be a section for current pics/videos added within the last week or 3 days (placed in fan pages but automatically transferred to a new Recent VHTV Pics/Videos/Comments section). Once the 3 days or one week expires then they automatically get removed BUT stay in the fan pages. This way more xcamfan members and guests would be tempted or periodically look at the recent updated images/comments. Xcamfan can push VHTV more as RLC has nothing of interest. I don't think many realy know how to search fan pages/topics in a quick way to see what has been recently added. I know this is very much doable because where I use to work I had IT programmers do exactly this kind of stuff - I asked them if it was possible and they did it.

You, me and others hear that members much prefer this site over CC for various reasons. Why are we not capitalizing on this fact and doing more to make this site better? Are we waiting for RLC to improve? If so, I will LMFAO.

Four months gone by and I think even more members dropped out or pop in less often. Inaction shows lack of seriousness and commitment.

Just below the Chat there is a section   Latest Discussion - Live Feed  it has approx. 2,900 pages and the newest posts made are always at the first.

Pictures and Videos that do get posted are in another section as well when that are posted. It's the Attachments Center. 

To make the software perform certain functions the software developer of the forum software product would have to incorporate different capabilities within their software to make certain functions perform differently. One has to realize that one Vendors Software is not the same as the next, each one functions differently.  The Babble Chat Box is a plug-in and is developed by Coding Jungle. As far as the Chat Bix usage anyone who sign into xCamFan.com has the ability to chat.  It's not solely designed for RLC conversation it's a chat where anything can be discussed whether it be RLC, VHTV or any other conversation one wants to have.  There is an Ignore feature to the chat where one can tune out others who become obsessive thinking they control the chat when it's an open product for anyone to use that signs in.

9 hours ago, StnCld316 said:

Just below the Chat there is a section   Latest Discussion - Live Feed  it has approx. 2,900 pages and the newest posts made are always at the first.

Pictures and Videos that do get posted are in another section as well when that are posted. It's the Attachments Center. 

To make the software perform certain functions the software developer of the forum software product would have to incorporate different capabilities within their software to make certain functions perform differently. One has to realize that one Vendors Software is not the same as the next, each one functions differently.  The Babble Chat Box is a plug-in and is developed by Coding Jungle. As far as the Chat Bix usage anyone who sign into xCamFan.com has the ability to chat.  It's not solely designed for RLC conversation it's a chat where anything can be discussed whether it be RLC, VHTV or any other conversation one wants to have.  There is an Ignore feature to the chat where one can tune out others who become obsessive thinking they control the chat when it's an open product for anyone to use that signs in.

Using Google Chrome, Firefox and Microft Edge Browsers I get this 

Create an account to see this content!

That's okay. I am tired of complaining, trying to make suggestions and basically get the same answers. I will step back and wait for the improvements and wait for more members participating. I will mind my own business since it seems that not many even log in lately. I will try to just be a voyeur for a while.

11 hours ago, dougiestyle4u said:

Using Google Chrome, Firefox and Microft Edge Browsers I get this 

That's okay. I am tired of complaining, trying to make suggestions and basically get the same answers. I will step back and wait for the improvements and wait for more members participating. I will mind my own business since it seems that not many even log in lately. I will try to just be a voyeur for a while.

It shows on the image you posted your not logged in.  

7 hours ago, Scorpio 2.2 said:

The Attachments Center has not worked for ages. 🤣

Every post in all Forum Topics that contain a Picture or Video shows in the post where it was uploaded.  That's all you'll see in the attachments center is what comes from the posts. There is a Gallery where pictures and videos can be uploaded as well those you will not see in the forum posts unlless someone leaves a link in a post directing other members to it.

12 hours ago, StnCld316 said:

It shows on the image you posted your not logged in.  

19 hours ago, Scorpio 2.2 said:

The Attachments Center has not worked for ages. 🤣

Logged in now but it was the same thing when I logged into different browsers (just happened to make the previous screenshot when I was logged out). Doesn't matter anyways, we are stuck with this CodingJungle crap.

34 minutes ago, dougiestyle4u said:

Logged in now but it was the same thing when I logged into different browsers (just happened to make the previous screenshot when I was logged out). Doesn't matter anyways, we are stuck with this CodingJungle crap.

Same at Camcaps