Max Total Size

Scorpio 22

14 hours ago, dougiestyle4u said:

You can't stay away for long. xcamfan sure not helping this site. They asked for suggestions over three and a half months yet nothing. Site should be user friendly but troublesome. This site must be owned by RLC - lol.

That was just end of last visit. But shit needs to get sorted and improved. 2021 and one forum doesn't have "Add Files" option unless you fork out money or build up enough to buy 30 day sub. Other taken how long, now runs out when post to much lol. Other forums have had this option for years. 😂

17 hours ago, Scorpio 2.2 said:

Nothing changed. Still sitting at 9.46kB. Others are noticing the same thing. Drops everytime you post memes etc until you are left with nothing. 

When it was first explained I was looking for something completely different as I was not aware of any quota limitations but I now see where the issue lies.   All Membership types have different settings.

Awhile back a Regular Standard Membership could never use Attachments but could upload using a Third Party Host Website for uploading their images and placing the links in the Forums so the content would show on a post. As time went along Admin had added the Standard Membership to upload Attachments directly by using the Attachment feature that's in the area where posts are made.

The Standard Membership has an Attachment Quota of 97.66MB.  As Standard Members upload their images the size of the upload gets deducted from their Attachment Quota.  {Example: 97.66MB Allowable, upload a 2MB image the Attachment Quota drops by 2MB to 95.66MB.  The more that gets uploaded will bring the Attachment Quota for that Membership down to almost 0.}

Other Membership types such as Hero Memberships and Paid Memberships  do not have Attachment Quotas so they have Unlimited Uploading but there is Upload Limits on the Size of the File that can be Uploaded at any one time.

Since Hero Memberships are no longer offered the only other type of Membership available is a Paid Membership.

Hopefully this explains the process of how Memberships at xCamFan.com work.

5 hours ago, StnCld316 said:

When it was first explained I was looking for something completely different as I was not aware of any quota limitations but I now see where the issue lies.   All Membership types have different settings.

Awhile back a Regular Standard Membership could never use Attachments but could upload using a Third Party Host Website for uploading their images and placing the links in the Forums so the content would show on a post. As time went along Admin had added the Standard Membership to upload Attachments directly by using the Attachment feature that's in the area where posts are made.

The Standard Membership has an Attachment Quota of 97.66MB.  As Standard Members upload their images the size of the upload gets deducted from their Attachment Quota.  {Example: 97.66MB Allowable, upload a 2MB image the Attachment Quota drops by 2MB to 95.66MB.  The more that gets uploaded will bring the Attachment Quota for that Membership down to almost 0.}

Other Membership types such as Hero Memberships and Paid Memberships  do not have Attachment Quotas so they have Unlimited Uploading but there is Upload Limits on the Size of the File that can be Uploaded at any one time.

Since Hero Memberships are no longer offered the only other type of Membership available is a Paid Membership.

Hopefully this explains the process of how Memberships at xCamFan.com work.

Get that, but only recently has it been doing that. Before it would return to around 90 odd MB daily. Now all of a sudden it's dropping and not going back. 

15 hours ago, Scorpio 2.2 said:

Get that, but only recently has it been doing that. Before it would return to around 90 odd MB daily. Now all of a sudden it's dropping and not going back. 

I'll mention to Admin and find out what's up but that's what I found out yesterday from a test topic of some pictures I uploaded using my other account that is just a regular member account.  

On 8/3/2021 at 5:10 AM, Scorpio 2.2 said:

Nothing changed. Still sitting at 9.46kB. Others are noticing the same thing. Drops everytime you post memes etc until you are left with nothing. 

I have the same problems, still have them, some days I can post some days I can't post, some days, I can post on either Chat or the forum.."it's like having some kind of restriction.  I notice others don't have any of those problems.

13 hours ago, RUBBERMAN said:

I have the same problems, still have them, some days I can post some days I can't post, some days, I can post on either Chat or the forum.."it's like having some kind of restriction.  I notice others don't have any of those problems.

It's a joke. Not sure about Paying or Hero members, but know from others with just standard they have same problem as me. Definitely something that's happened recently. 

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, Scorpio 2.2 said:

Suggest if you want more posting and getting involved change this problem. Others are having same problem. Even paying and getting a membership still has it's problems it seems. Definitely a solution some way, other forums have the same way of posting, but no limit. Just saying. 

The only thing is with consumer internet accounts with their ISP most plans come with unlimited usage of bandwidth.  When you get into corporate internet accounts there is no such thing as unlimited usage of bandwidth. Corporate accounts pay for every bit of bandwidth being used. That's why there is limited usage on certain account types.  Now a Paid Membership which is only $12 which works out to $1 a month helps support the site to keep it in operation which covers the operating costs.