Code of Conduct while here in the forum

toolmaker123

On 30/03/2016 at 6:54 AM, kelv32 said:

I read the chat box and see people getting yelled at for not addressing the room when they enter. What I find interest is the loudest yeller enters the room at times and just jumps in without addressing the room. A few time I address the room politly with a Hi or hello everyone and _________________________________________________________Not even from the guy who bitches the most about people not addressing the room. I'm just curious as to why some have to follow the rules and others don't . Why when I say hi or hello everyone ,I get nothing in return ,not even from the rule maker? There use to be a lot of other people in the chat that were fun to chat with. I see many have left. It use to be you were yelled at for posting pictures ect in the chat. Now it seems to be ok. Why make rules that only apply to some? 

Still the same, this rule is complete waste of time and the only ones that get shouted at for not doing it are the ones that don't chat 24/7. 

Absolutely agree, however this forum is peppered with posts about the Chatbox, have a look around. It's an issue that never seems to get resolved.
The rules of the Chat were always flexible and worked on a principle of common courtesy, such as saying Hello when you enter so that folks know that you are there, likewise when you leave.
Also about the use of language etc. What would be acceptable in a social setting, not would be acceptable with your mates in a bar or sports club or the factory floor.
The same goes for racism,bigotry,homophobia etc, because someone might find it offensive.
The Chat always revolved around whatever was an ongoing hot topic,so if you wanted to start chatting about your new car or the weather or whatever, whilst something was ongoing, that was frowned upon,obviously.
However when things were dead we would chat about anything under the sun,help each other out with stuff,and most importantly have a laugh with our forum mates.
It was always inclusive,there were no cliques,everyone was welcomed and Newbies were given help & advice.
The problem I have with the Chat at the moment is that it centers around a few rlc apartments only,that is fine if there is something going on.
But I do have an issue with folks with an agenda, or in some cases obsession, trying to score points.
Their pursuit of their theory about something seems to override everyone else,and there is no point in trying to offer a different perspective.
In their view they have a superior intellect to you, and you are a moron.
What I am getting at is this, if you have a theory about,for instance, a cuckold relationship that you see at Masha,Sash & Dash,then ok.
Write it up and post it on their fan page so that a discussion can be had there, where others can read it and maybe learn something, and even comment about it, and get involved.
Someone once said, "Opinions are like assholes.Everyone has got one." I will defend the right for members to voice their opinion on this forum.
But for god sake stop taking over the chat about your pet subject,move it to a fan page.
There are others on this forum that like the communal aspect of the chat, but can't get a word in sideways because three or four people are obsessing about the Barca girls.
It is up to us members to do something about this issue. Or we could just let it fester like it has done before.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 2:38 PM, Plank said:

Absolutely agree, however this forum is peppered with posts about the Chatbox, have a look around. It's an issue that never seems to get resolved.
The rules of the Chat were always flexible and worked on a principle of common courtesy, such as saying Hello when you enter so that folks know that you are there, likewise when you leave.
Also about the use of language etc. What would be acceptable in a social setting, not would be acceptable with your mates in a bar or sports club or the factory floor.
The same goes for racism,bigotry,homophobia etc, because someone might find it offensive.
The Chat always revolved around whatever was an ongoing hot topic,so if you wanted to start chatting about your new car or the weather or whatever, whilst something was ongoing, that was frowned upon,obviously.
However when things were dead we would chat about anything under the sun,help each other out with stuff,and most importantly have a laugh with our forum mates.
It was always inclusive,there were no cliques,everyone was welcomed and Newbies were given help & advice.
The problem I have with the Chat at the moment is that it centers around a few rlc apartments only,that is fine if there is something going on.
But I do have an issue with folks with an agenda, or in some cases obsession, trying to score points.
Their pursuit of their theory about something seems to override everyone else,and there is no point in trying to offer a different perspective.
What I am getting at is this, if you have a theory about,for instance, a cuckold relationship that you see at Masha,Sash & Dash,then ok.
Write it up and post it on their fan page so that a discussion can be had there, where others can read it and maybe learn something, and even comment about it, and get involved.
Someone once said, "Opinions are like assholes.Everyone has got one." I will defend the right for members to voice their opinion on this forum.
But for god sake stop taking over the chat about your pet subject,move it to a fan page.
There are others on this forum that like the communal aspect of the chat, but can't get a word in sideways because three or four people are obsessing about the Barca girls.
It is up to us members to do something about this issue. Or we could just let it fester like it has done before.

Nicely said.

On ‎23‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 6:38 PM, Plank said:

Most of the time it's just speculation and some members try to assert their authority ~ Sad how some new members feel they have to have the same opinions and say exactly the same thing as the popular ones do just to fit in.

On ‎03‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 2:11 PM, Danny said:

Most of the time it's just speculation and some members try to assert their authority ~ Sad how some new members feel they have to have the same opinions and say exactly the same thing as the popular ones do just to fit in.

Just the way it has got and if you don't you get ignored.

On 4/3/2018 at 2:11 PM, Danny said:

That's the one thing a lot of people don't like - Speculation. We don't know what tenants think. The only thing anyone can know is what we see in front of the cameras.

And nothing else.

7 hours ago, Pleasant said:

That's the one thing a lot of people don't like - Speculation. We don't know what tenants think. The only thing anyone can know is what we see in front of the cameras.

And nothing else.

Everyone can speculate about what is happening but personally it's waste of time and boring.

19 hours ago, Sketch said:

Everyone can speculate about what is happening but personally it's waste of time and boring.

true, but there are some on RLCF that speak Spanish, and understand some Russian, and the rooms occasionally resort to English as the common language.

On 4/9/2018 at 6:13 PM, Pleasant said:

And nothing else.

I disagree but you are certainly entitled to your opinion.