Chat Box

StnCld316

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 8:05 PM, Pleasant said:

The thing that i find odd is that the newest comments are now at the top, so you have to scroll up rather than seeing the latest right away. It makes it look like what was posted say half an hour ago is the last one.

Go to the Settings Tab and place a Checkmark in Reverse Order and it should reverse the order where the last Posted Comment appears at the Bottom and not the Top.

Edited by StnCld316

Howdy StnCld316, I have another suggestion for you to pass along to Admin about the Babble chatbox.  The 'new message' alert, the old-school Windows TAADAAA sound, needs to be changed or toned down some.  It is VERY loud, even if I have my volume low.  The old 'thwwwip' sound would be fine, or a selection of a few sounds users could choose from would be most ideal.  I know the obvious answer is for me to turn my own volume down more, but that is not a solution for me, as I need my volume up, as I multi-task while chatting in the forum.  A couple other users have expressed the same annoyance.  

Just a thought, and thanks for your time!  

6 hours ago, Danny said:

A ban on disrespecting some of the girls and acting like bullies might be something you could add too. 

There is a Feature on the Chat by clicking the Members Name of the Chat Members List on the Right Side Window you can put the Member on Ignore then the one who put the Member on Ignore won't see any Comments from the Member.

Using a different browser - I switched to Mozilla Firefox and using HOME and then drop down to CHATBOX this 1st page shows up while when i click on CHAT in the main heading then the better 2nd page shows up showing a wider scroll sidebar and arrows (yippee!!!). The 3rd and 4th pics are from Goggle Chrome. The HOME/CHATBOX pic (3rd) has a wide scroll side bar with arrows while Chat pic (4th) shows a thin scroll sidebar without arrows. Kinda sucks when a different browser will show a different setup page.

Also, no matter which browser i use, you will see that the HOME/CHATBOX option has the chat times not in order but no way of adjusting the order sequence here. Just confusing - should be corrected so that the chat page is uniform no matter where you click (HOME/CHATBOX or CHAT).

Create an account to see this content!

@

You do realize that HOME/CHATBOX is still the old chatbox so that's why it's so different from the new chat (Babble) under the CHAT tab.

EDIT: I would just love to be able to resize the chat, so we can see more lines. Hope this is something that can be added. Like we can resize the old chatbox on the dotted triangle below the scrollbar.

5 hours ago, Toffini said:

@

You do realize that HOME/CHATBOX is still the old chatbox so that's why it's so different from the new chat (Babble) under the CHAT tab.

EDIT: I would just love to be able to resize the chat, so we can see more lines. Hope this is something that can be added. Like we can resize the old chatbox on the dotted triangle below the scrollbar.

Thanks for the info - didn't know that. Having the old and new Babble chat just adds more confusion and obviously shows hesitation to commit to only one of them. Wonder if more changes to follow? IT personnel should ask users what they would like included so that a new and improved chatbox would indeed be a new and improved addition. Like anything else - we just have to live with it and work around it.

On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 4:37 AM, dougiestyle4u said:

Using a different browser - I switched to Mozilla Firefox and using HOME and then drop down to CHATBOX this 1st page shows up while when i click on CHAT in the main heading then the better 2nd page shows up showing a wider scroll sidebar and arrows (yippee!!!). The 3rd and 4th pics are from Goggle Chrome. The HOME/CHATBOX pic (3rd) has a wide scroll side bar with arrows while Chat pic (4th) shows a thin scroll sidebar without arrows. Kinda sucks when a different browser will show a different setup page.

Also, no matter which browser i use, you will see that the HOME/CHATBOX option has the chat times not in order but no way of adjusting the order sequence here. Just confusing - should be corrected so that the chat page is uniform no matter where you click (HOME/CHATBOX or CHAT).

Create an account to see this content!

If you click the Chat Tab at t he Top of the Page it will take you to the Chat where all the Names are listed of who is in the Chat. At the Top is a Settings tab make sure there is a Checkmark in the Reverse Order. Having the Checkmark will place the Comments in the Proper Order.  I know at the moment there are 2 Chats but both are the same. I have mentioned this to Admin. so once corrected the only Chat should be the Chat Tab at the Top of the Page where all the Menus are.

• 2 weeks later...