FINAL PLEA TO ADMIN FOR A SECOND CHAT ROOM (CHAT BOX)

dougiestyle4u

FINAL PLEA TO ADMIN FOR A SECOND CHAT ROOM (CHAT BOX)  

30 members have voted

1. 1. In your opinion, based on your observations, expectations and following the discussions in the chatbox and forums regarding the decorum, direction and topics in the chat room - do you feel that a second better managed chat room is sorely needed and will definitely increase membership participation within this site and in time increase the membership base?

• YES
    • NO

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/2019 at 04:59 AM

1 hour ago, Capeguy said:

And I joined RLCF because there were some good folks on here; even the occasional lady but that is long gone. All who enjoyed chatting about other topics do not come on any more because, frankly, we do not want to chat with those who tie up the conversations. 

EXACTLY - meeting of the minds. When I first joined RLCF it was mainly to participate in the chat and make the occasional forum post. The past chatters were awesome and so funny plus the topics of discussions were varied and frequently "other than" RLC which helped you connect almost personally to members across the world. That is what amazed me and miss the most. We both agree on how bad the chatroom has become over the last year or two. I gave up on another chat, as you read. Perhaps RLCF needs some mod volunteers but agree that will not happen since it would be a full time effort. Maybe in time the chatters will realize how selfish and pathetic their trivial over-analyzing chat has become. Will they ever wonder or fully realize why very few, if any, old or new members even bother to join the chat.

Perhaps a sit down group chat similar to a conference call (current chatters, former chatters, disgruntled members, new members and RLCF staff) to hammer out all the issues related to the chat room decorum and maybe a meeting of the minds. Butt heads in the chat room for a few hours (take a pause from talking about RLC tenants for a change) by everyone that wants to in order to "bring it to a head" and maybe a true wakeup call for chat members to truly consider "other" members for once.   

****** Okay, maybe this is too funny to take serious - but why not try something to get members back participating in the chat room which is meant for everyone and not just a select few. Then all the badmouthing will stop and RLCF will have more happy members and more participants over time. *********

@StnCld316 - can you read this and maybe try to accommodate other wannabe chatters that would join the chat room if the talk wasn't always about only the Barca girls or RLC but more open to other topics besides RLC. Don't you realize how frustrated many members are about the same daily talk every friggin' day. Other than my posting of images/topics and occasional negative rants in the forums and seeing members backing away it might be time for me to leave too. As I said above, the chat room is the executive suite but most are not worthy or privileged to enjoy the "tailgate party" with everyone. Think about this and about ALL the members watching on the sidelines but itching to get in the game - PLEASE.

2 hours ago, dougiestyle4u said:

EXACTLY - meeting of the minds. When I first joined RLCF it was mainly to participate in the chat and make the occasional forum post. The past chatters were awesome and so funny plus the topics of discussions were varied and frequently "other than" RLC which helped you connect almost personally to members across the world. That is what amazed me and miss the most. We both agree on how bad the chatroom has become over the last year or two. I gave up on another chat, as you read. Perhaps RLCF needs some mod volunteers but agree that will not happen since it would be a full time effort. Maybe in time the chatters will realize how selfish and pathetic their trivial over-analyzing chat has become. Will they ever wonder or fully realize why very few, if any, old or new members even bother to join the chat.

Perhaps a sit down group chat similar to a conference call (current chatters, former chatters, disgruntled members, new members and RLCF staff) to hammer out all the issues related to the chat room decorum and maybe a meeting of the minds. Butt heads in the chat room for a few hours (take a pause from talking about RLC tenants for a change) by everyone that wants to in order to "bring it to a head" and maybe a true wakeup call for chat members to truly consider "other" members for once.   

****** Okay, maybe this is too funny to take serious - but why not try something to get members back participating in the chat room which is meant for everyone and not just a select few. Then all the badmouthing will stop and RLCF will have more happy members and more participants over time. *********

@StnCld316 - can you read this and maybe try to accommodate other wannabe chatters that would join the chat room if the talk wasn't always about only the Barca girls or RLC but more open to other topics besides RLC. Don't you realize how frustrated many members are about the same daily talk every friggin' day. Other than my posting of images/topics and occasional negative rants in the forums and seeing members backing away it might be time for me to leave too. As I said above, the chat room is the executive suite but most are not worthy or privileged to enjoy the "tailgate party" with everyone. Think about this and about ALL the members watching on the sidelines but itching to get in the game - PLEASE.

The Chat is put in place for anyone who has a Membership to RLCF whether that be Regular Members, Hero Members and Paid Members. It's not specifically designed for one certain group and not another. When the Forum first began all there was RLC so that basically the only thing discussed on the Chat.  As RLC grew so did the amount of Members that joined Commenting on the Chat Box. Everyone needs to get along like Grown Adults should act like and the Chat is available for anyone too use.  The only ones that can't Participate are the ones that sit on the Outside as a Guest as they don't have a Physical Membership or Permissions Granted to Participate. They can Lurk and Read what's placed is about all a Guest can do. When on the Chat if you find someone causing a Ruckus or being out of line there is a Report Button in the Menu when you right click the users name there is a Report in the Menu.  If it's not that Bad and the person is just annoying then all that's needed is to do the same thing on the Users name right click to get the Menu and Click Ignore then any conversation from that person will not be visible to the person who has chosen to Ignore the User.

At one time there used to be Chat Monitors but as time went along the Chat was getting less use and there wasn't much need to have someone Monitoring the Chat. Since Moderators have other jobs they perform outside of the Forum to make their living it's impossible to have someone Monitoring.  It's a time consuming process that not many have time for.  I look after 3 Different Sites so I am just in and out 3 or 4 times a day. I do pop In at times and just read the Chat by reading the Archive Chat as that's not Auto Scrolling so it's easy to go back to a certain point and see what was placed.  When there are a lot on the chat at once chatting it's hard to keep up with everything that gets placed.  There's always going to be Good Comments and Bad Comments so everyone should remember just because One Member likes a certain Girl and another dislikes the other girl there shouldn't be any feuding as each Member is entitled to their own View and there's no need to cut each other apart because one doesn't share the same view as the next.  Now that RLC only has 9 Apartments there's not as much too talk about these days on the RLC front.  VHTV is making big strides since RLC's Empire Fell and went Boom.  Who knows maybe one day VHTV will start dominating the Forums and RLC will evaporate.  

13 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

If it's not that Bad and the person is just annoying then all that's needed is to do the same thing on the Users name right click to get the Menu and Click Ignore then any conversation from that person will not be visible to the person who has chosen to Ignore the User.

So, assume that I decide to Ignore all the current chatters since they all tend to talk the same language (Barca girls and only RLC) and if no other members follow suit then basically I would be talking to myself in the chatroom.

But suppose a group of old and new members do the same thing and Ignore all the current chatters (about 5-10) then I guess we will more or less have our own chat room back again. Is this doable? Would some members want to try this? I assume that we won't see the conversations by the Ignore members but they would see ours and then say "what the heck is going on here?" Is this a viable option in hopes of using the chatroom the way some of us would like it to be. What the fuck - I might try it and see if any follow.

Just now, dougiestyle4u said:

So, assume that I decide to Ignore all the current chatters since they all tend to talk the same language (Barca girls and only RLC) and if no other members follow suit then basically I would be talking to myself in the chatroom.

But suppose a group of old and new members do the same thing and Ignore all the current chatters (about 5-10) then I guess we will more or less have our own chat room back again. Is this doable? Would some members want to try this? I assume that we won't see the conversations by the Ignore members but they would see ours and then say "what the heck is going on here?" Is this a viable option in hopes of using the chatroom the way some of us would like it to be. What the fuck - I might try it and see if any follow.

If you Ignore someone you just don't see what they are posting even though they still have a conversation going with ones that don't use Ignore.    The Forum is the same way. If you found someone annoying just add them too Ignore and never see their Posts again as opposed to having a Food Fight of Insults tossed back and forth..  The only time you may see them is if they Quote another Member.  Somehow the Quotes don't hide only the Original Post.

8 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

If you Ignore someone you just don't see what they are posting even though they still have a conversation going with ones that don't use Ignore.    The Forum is the same way. If you found someone annoying just add them too Ignore and never see their Posts again as opposed to having a Food Fight of Insults tossed back and forth..  The only time you may see them is if they Quote another Member.  Somehow the Quotes don't hide only the Original Post.

So, if I try this - I will make a list of the current chatters that I choose to Ignore, then Ignore them, start chatting to myself in hopes that some chatters not on my Ignore list will respond or other past/disgruntled members decide to do the same Ignore steps and begin chatting like old times.

14 hours ago, dougiestyle4u said:

So, if I try this - I will make a list of the current chatters that I choose to Ignore, then Ignore them, start chatting to myself in hopes that some chatters not on my Ignore list will respond or other past/disgruntled members decide to do the same Ignore steps and begin chatting like old times.

That's about the only way to do if you don't want to be bothered with or reading from certain Members.    Everyone is supposed to be Grown Adults and should all get along like Adults should.

2 hours ago, StnCld316 said:

Everyone is supposed to be Grown Adults and should all get along like Adults should.

The problem is that most of us are respectable  grown adults but the few controlling the chat discussions are NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fuck it - leave the kids in the playground to amuse themselves in the chat. 

24 minutes ago, Scorpio 22 said:

Fact that there is at least 3 topics started about the Chat and goes back 3 years give or take, this is something that has been going on a while so never going to make a second one.

Yeah - guess RLCF is completely happy with the few using it for a few hours a day. Great!!!!!!!!!!

59 minutes ago, Scorpio 22 said:

Go into chat and read what some were saying about it lol.

They have no fucking clue and never will. Oh well, I guess we should do what we are told and stick to the forums and do our talking there - haha, yeah right. Time to cut back on doing much posting (especially images) since the so-called grown adult chatters rule this site.

2 hours ago, dougiestyle4u said:

The problem is that most of us are respectable  grown adults but the few controlling the chat discussions are NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fuck it - leave the kids in the playground to amuse themselves in the chat. 

Those are the ones you put on an ignore list and their conversation won't be shown to whoever adds them.

15 hours ago, Scorpio 22 said:

Fact that there is at least 3 topics started about the Chat and goes back 3 years give or take, this is something that has been going on a while so never going to make a second one.

Just shows how long these boring discussions and theories have been going on. Disrespecting others views because they think they are right and also telling others what they can and can't chat about. Anyone that says it doesn't happen and hasn't is a liar. 

15 hours ago, Scorpio 22 said:

My guess they don't really care. Says a lot when it's not just members but also staff that don't want to get involved. Heads up btw. Go into chat and read what some were saying about it lol.

Bet it's other people that have the problem and they are not the reason members don't want to join in. They welcome everyone and don't try and dominate the chat when others are chatting. Lmao