Know - It - All.

Quite often the best response is to request authoritive and verifiable evidence of what they are saying. If possible, provide authoritive and verifiable evidence of the truth. They will probably insist you are wrong but without authoritive and verifiable evidence from them of what they are saying, you have a meaningful exit out of the situation. If enough people do that then it will no longer be fun for the trouble makers.

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/05/2017 at 10:14 PM, Sam Cuddly said:

Quite often the best response is to request authoritive and verifiable evidence of what they are saying. If possible, provide authoritive and verifiable evidence of the truth. They will probably insist you are wrong but without authoritive and verifiable evidence from them of what they are saying, you have a meaningful exit out of the situation. If enough people do that then it will no longer be fun for the trouble makers.

I'm afraid that it does not matter a damn if you request any sort of evidence. They haven't got any. It's just their skewed viewpoint and if you try to offer a counter viewpoint that is when certain individuals get nasty. A while ago I asked one member about a particular incident that was a hot topic, I was being friendly and reasonable and stated that no-one had any evidence of the incident & that until any of us saw any pics of the incident it was mere speculation. That's when he got nasty & stated that, 'it's not his job to provide evidence', he then went on to accuse me all manner of things all of them bizarre and untrue? Has he apologised for his outburst, hell no, it's over a year now, I'm not holding my breath, he's not man enough.

Some people do not understand the term 'debate' anymore, maybe it;s the fault of too much 24hr TV & Radio news & confrontational reality TV, where the accepted norm is to 'shout-down' the opposition instead of listening to different views, and meeting on common ground. I'm a patient ,reasonable guy, I am prepared to listen to anyone's viewpoint on any subject, but I have given up, it just makes me angry & there's enough in the world to be angry about already without the pathetic behaviour of certain people on RLCF. Who get away with it time after time. For example, in the Chatbox we've had one member polluting the mind of a 'newbie' with their brand of bullshit and no-one is challenging it. I was going to wade in but as I said above, I can't be bothered anymore,no point,futile & waste of my time.

I certainly have plenty of experience with "shout-down" and things like that. Sometimes immature people are immature and if you attempt to make it clear that they are being immature then the typical response of other people is to just tell both of you to stop, just stop. And then the immature person wins; they shouted the problem away. I see that in my personal life and I see it in television shows.

There have been many times in forums and groups when someone is being immature with me and if anyone else joins in, they are more likely to support the immature person. It is unfortunate and frustrating. I hope I am not being over-confident in saying that we are more mature. I am hoping we can get more people like us that are mature to work together.

Have you heard:

The Only Thing Necessary for the Triumph of Evil is that Good Men Do Nothing

Unfortunately there is too much of that; good people not working enough against negativity. I will consider you as being one that will help fight the battle.

I don't mind the opposing view, I actually like a good discussion, but what I do mind, like @Plank and @Sam Cuddly, is the theories that get thrown out there, repeated for a couple of days and from there on forward being stated as facts. I also asked for evidence but, like most, got none, just some far fetched clues. I distinctly remember one user (can't remember his/her name unfortunately) state this evidence related to something in B2 with Michelle: "It must be so and so, because she was hiding it from the camera, therefore we could not see it". LOL, what? 

Because some people can say things a lot better that I can, here's a quote from Isaac Asimov: "I'll believe anything, no matter how wild and ridiculous, if there's evidence for it. The wilder and more ridiculous something is however, the firmer and more solid the evidence will have to be".

I've given up fighting for the cause on the chat as well. I have better things to do with my time than shoot holes in every theories that get's floated in there. 

When I started posting I thought I could resolve some of the endless 'discussions' by applying logic and detailing evidence.

But then I realised we are all here to have fun, and for some fun can be had by making up stuff without any real reason.   For them, logic and evidence are killjoys.   

So, two thoughts on calling the girls names

- just maybe sometimes what is said might have cause

- and when it doesn't, I might not like it but the girls have signed up to a site where that kind of shit happens, so dealing with it is part of the job

20,000 people hover in and around this site.    Its like a hornets nest.     Very interesting, as long as you stay calm, and don't kick it.

See some of the bullshitters were in the other day chatting the same shit they were last year, and as usual when asked if they had any Proof either changed the subject or acted like a little Bitches. Good to see some things never change.

Note to Newbies. Don't believe everything you Read.

8 hours ago, Scotsman84 said:

See some of the bullshitters were in the other day chatting the same shit they were last year, and as usual when asked if they had any Proof either changed the subject or acted like a little Bitches. Good to see some things never change.

Note to Newbies. Don't believe everything you Read.

Don't care for bullshitters so I stay away from the Chatbox. But I am very fond of nice shitters on women since they in fact provide the visual proof or evidence to support my opinion and most would agree - LMFAO.

• 7 months later...

Sure beats someone who says nothing to the know-it-all, or skirts around the issue and allows it to continue yet complains to each other in groups or to mods. If someone is an asshole, you should tell them. Just remember they also have feelings. We are all trying to navigate here. At least we can agree on that. Or am I being a know-it-all?